Sign in to follow this  
TheCowgirlCouture

Cutting Random Characters

I just downloaded Flexi 12 "Cloud" subscription and use a Graphtec CE5000-60 USB.  I have been using Flexi Sign Pro for 15 years with probably ten different plotters/printers but I have not run into this problem.

When trying to cut a design (designed in Flexi and using Production Manager) all I get to cut is tiny random letters and numbers.

Ill call tech support tomorow .. but in the mean time does anyone know what might be causing this?  I cut perfectly this morning using my old Flexi Sign Pro 10.01 and outputting with Graphtec Studio. 

Grr.  Thanks in advance. 

Have you tried Factory reset?    Turn Power on while holding down the UP arrow.

"I cut perfectly this morning using my old Flexi Sign Pro 10.01 and outputting with Graphtec Studio."

Why  are you using 2 cutting softwares?   FlexiSignPro 10.1 is cutting software. so why output with Graphtec Studio?

Flexisignpro 10.1 should do everything you need.  Design and cut.

I personally use Flexistarter 8.6 as my cutting software with my Graphtec.  It is great cutting software.

Have you tried Factory reset?    Turn Power on while holding down the UP arrow.

"I cut perfectly this morning using my old Flexi Sign Pro 10.01 and outputting with Graphtec Studio."

Why  are you using 2 cutting softwares?   FlexiSignPro 10.1 is cutting software. so why output with Graphtec Studio?

Flexisignpro 10.1 should do everything you need.  Design and cut.

I just output again perfectly cutting with Graphtec Studio designed on the new Flexi and saved .eps.  I realize that Flexi is cutting software.  I have been using it for years however Flexi 10 will not support my plotter or i would be using it because trust me .. I HATE Graphtec Studio.  The reason I bought the new Flexi subscription is to avoid having to output to a secondary program. 

If our Flexistarter10 will work with our Ce5000-60,,  Why wouldn't your FlexisignPro 10 work with it?  Same drivers...  Ours is the bottom of the Flexi software...  Why do you say  Flexisignsign 10  will not support your CE5000-60?

My son uses Flexistarter10 with the CE5000-60   as well as my girlfriend does the same....Flexistarter 10 and a CE5000-60

Did you put the Cutter COMMAND ON HP-GL?  as it must be. If using Flexi software.

I can cut with my Graphtec FC7000   on Flexistarter 10 also.    I don't use any Graphtec software,  Just Flexi

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Mz SKEETER" data-cid="400298" data-time="1438912274"><p>

If our Flexistarter10 will work with our Ce5000-60,, Why wouldn't your FlexisignPro 10 work with it? Same drivers...<br />

<br />

My son uses Flexistarter10 with the CE5000-60 as well as my girlfriend does the same....<br />

<br />

Did you put the Cutter COMMAND ON HP-GL? as it must be.</p></blockquote>

Same here.

Well then I was taken by SAi.  Again.  Said I couldnt run this plotter on Windows 7 via USB/ Flexi Sign Pro 10.01.  Ive given that company close to $10,000 in my career.  Im not "techie" .. i just want to be an artist when I grow up and need things to happen when I hit a button.  ;D

Oh well.  I need the subscription anyways because I ordered a Mutoh that I know wont print to version 10. 

Your NOT taken ,  set the cutter up on Flexisign Pro 10...Go to Production manager and add set up.. Graphtec CE5000-60.  USB  Make sure you have the Graphtec Ce5000-60 driver downloaded for your computer 32 or 64 bit..  and cutter command is HP-GL  

Several of the computers used are also Windows 7,  and always USB.

I gave SAI  $95    and I run great.  

Go set your cutter to run on FlexisignPro10,   then let us know if your still cutting random characters.