Sign in to follow this  
MadHatterGraphix

Graphtec CE6000-60 problems

So as you all know at least those that have followed me I have the Graphtech CE6000-60. I had it dialed in and was having no issues that bugged me. Now its giving me issues and probably user caused but I cant figure it out I'm sure its on here but not finding it fast enough. So my issues are

1. Everytime the blade moves downward to cut it taps Is this due to blade being to far out ? Which brings me to

2. How far is the blade suppose to stick out? I know half the material thickness I do that and it doesnt cut.

3. Force I have had it at all different setting and I get good cuts but I get the #1 issue of tapping everytime the blade moves down

4 What are the basic settings?

Other than those I have no issues I just dont hear everyone elses blade hit when it starts cutting. and the length of the blade I'm sure is too long any information and help would be greatly appreciated.

What am I reading here??   Hatter...I have posted this 1 hundred zillion times..  and 1 more time.. ;D

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

There are no set in stone settings.

Force depends on blade depth..you should barely see or feel the blade out of the blade holder.

Could it be the blade holder tapping on the vinyl?

• Like 1

Mine both tap. Never even thought about it until you said that.

What am I reading here??   Hatter...I have posted this 1 hundred zillion times..  and 1 more time

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

Force depends on blade depth..you should barely see or feel the blade out of the blade holder.

Could it be the blade holder tapping on the vinyl?

Your reading a guy going nuts I have done all that. How far is the force going to need? lol

How far is the force going to need? lol

Until it cuts the vinyl, barely a mark on wax paper backing...  Use your test feature on the machine.

• Like 1

Oh and since switching to the aftermarket all metal blade holders it is much louder.

Until it cuts the vinyl, barely a mark on wax paper backing...  Use your test feature on the machine.

Been at it all day I know how to do it just thought I had it set up and this happens. 

When you say tap- do you mean that it goes just outside the design, taps, then starts cutting the design?

Mine does that- Someone once said its like a CNC machine- if you look closely- it makes a tiny "J" and I think it orients the blade before it starts cutting.

Oh man do I feel stupid, The blade holder wasn't locked in all the way under the bracket everything is working better now..Jburns actually it would tap while cutting the design at the beginning and the end.

• Like 1

Hell mine tap like you described but then again mine have a million miles on them.

Hell mine tap like you described but then again mine have a million miles on them.

LOL I had that happen long time ago you have to watch that its under all the way.  It WILL happen again ... Glad your up and running

• Like 1

LOL I had that happen long time ago you have to watch that its under all the way.  It WILL happen again ... Glad your up and running

Ahh but I got a sticky note on it now so I don't forget.

Ahh but I got a sticky note on it now so I don't forget.

LOL,  Don't forget to read the sticky note.  

I just want to know when you do it again,  look down and see the note still there then what   ;D ?

I just want to know when you do it again,  look down and see the note still there then what   ;D ?

The same as when we forget to MIRROR!

post-6159-0-21029500-1438950026_thumb.gi

• Like 2

I see you figured out the problem. I was about to say make sure the holder is all the way down!