Sign in to follow this  
Rip_frannie

Refillable cartridges

I got a set of refillable cartridges. They won't recognize on my printer. After cleaning the connections with alcohol. Now the black and blue are recognized. But the black , magenta and yellow won't. Anyone know any tricks to get them to work ? I got them off amazon and are for the wf-1100

Very likely the "I got them off amazon" is the issue. Lots of people making carts but I only know of two that are reliably spoken of. The main known name is Cobra Ink Systems. I have two sets of carts and used to run a tank system on my old printer. Great support, great ink and they have profiles to get your colors right which is a big deal especially for sublimating. 

• Like 1

If your going refillable carts why not just go all the way to CIS? Your going to spend a lot of time refilling cartridges. I agree with Wild buy through Cobra and that's it.

You'll probably have to contact the seller or manufacturer for support.   I have Cobra Ink refillable cartridges in my WFP-4020 and each cartridge has a chip on it with a tiny watch battery inside that needs to be replaced every once in a while, and there are two circuit contact spots that I can short with a piece of aluminum foil to reset the chips whenever necessary.

They should be able to tell you if there is anything similar in your cartridges.

Yeah the carts kill a page when they think you are empty. Problem also is that you can't preempt a run-out and change them early. You have to wait until the computer in there thinks it just ran low and cuts the flow off. It's kind of a pisser that way.

I been meaning to ask you Hatter about the tanks. My tanks on the WF30 did the same thing when the little printer computer thought it was out it would shut off that color and I would get have to run through the cycle like I was changing arts but just mash a little connection that shorted the chip or something and it thought I had changed it out. Are they still that way on these newer printers? or did they get past that somehow? Still wasted paper most often when it was your last sheet. I switched to carts because I felt that the tanks being stationary weren't getting the natural swish with the printhead movement and so far I have had a lot fewer cloggs on the pigment printer. Those particular carts were the early smaller ones that didn't have the right chip in them and they run out way too fast. The dye-sub carts I bought later are the XL sized chip (same cart size) and they last a lot longer.