wickedstangs

Does SignBlazer / Graphtech work well with Windows 10

All,

Icon just popped up on my computer to upgrade to Windows 10.   Have you all had an issues with your cutters and Windows 10?

<crickets chirping> ......I think they are looking for the first guinea pig. Are you it? 

• Like 4

There has already been several dead in the water when upgrading to Windows 10.   There are no Windows 10 drivers.   Wait still new drivers are created and the bugs are out.  And Signblazer, you can tell the rest of them if it works.....on Windows 10

I have signblazer on my desktop and it works fine with Windows 10 but, not sure if it cuts cause the cutters on my Laptop..:)

Good luck I got Win10 on my desktop however I havent cut from it yet. I did test if Graphtec Studios, and Master Cut 3 would open and seem to run stable, however I have not tried cutting with win10 I have a laptop I use I may just try it though.

i dont suggest windows 10.. after doing some digging into it , there are alot of hidden things they dont mention what it also does..Lets just say what you do,see, open,use .photos on your computer etc is stored on a special server ..

Just like what you do see and surf for on your cell phone. The government is watching you comstantly there is nothing they don't know about anyone.

• Like 1

Wicked same here I just tested it. 

nice, and I am really liking Windows 10 100 times better than Windows 8

QUOTE> "nice, and I am really liking Windows 10 100 times better than Windows 8"

'WHY' would (perhaps) be more useful information.

nice, and I am really liking Windows 10 100 times better than Windows 8

Same here its easier to navigate you can go to all apps by clicking the window icon on the left (sort of a start icon) and Everything seems to flow easily and smoothly. Only downfall I had was to reload my video driver than download the update but that's ok it got fixed. everything else works. Step up from 8.1 where if you wanted anything you had to put it on the desktop or go between the apps and windows.

• Like 2

You guys got me wondering about all this win10 privacy stuff, so I did some research...

Bottom line is that microsoft (with win10) has the right to everything on your computer, the right to upload anything it want to MS servers, and for any purpose. With win10, you basically become a cloud server for microsoft and anything they feel like doing with your computer or anything that resides on it. It also records just about everything you do, on-line and off and sends that data to MS.

There are many sites that explain how to turn most of that off. "Most"!!! MS has fingers in your computer and the legal right to do anything it wants with what it finds there!

No thanks!

And thank you all for cluing me in on this...

• Like 3

You guys got me wondering about all this win10 privacy stuff, so I did some research...

Bottom line is that microsoft (with win10) has the right to everything on your computer, the right to upload anything it want to MS servers, and for any purpose. With win10, you basically become a cloud server for microsoft and anything they feel like doing with your computer or anything that resides on it. It also records just about everything you do, on-line and off and sends that data to MS.

There are many sites that explain how to turn most of that off. "Most"!!! MS has fingers in your computer and the legal right to do anything it wants with what it finds there!

No thanks!

And thank you all for cluing me in on this...

8.1 it is then. Me being the conspiracy nut that I am I don't see 10 in my near future

My cutter and signblazer work absolutely fine with win 10. As for the privacy thing, I have more or less turned every option off on win 10. What I didn't like was the fact that google wouldn't work unless the 'I AGREE' button was clicked, I didn't agree so don't use google. There's nothing on my computer that's of use to anyone else, but feel that privacy is being signed away by virtue of being online. Not a lot we can do about that, but there again there's no need to be permanently online.

The issue is since win7 they have had that right and have followed you since then and downloaded it. Your life isnt yours anymore your privacy has been gone since the start of internet.