Sign in to follow this  
Jburns

Looking for Advice- Simple Number

Hi everyone,

so I am working on a simple number four. I traced and created a vector, and its two colors ( black shadow and white on front)

I am printing onto clear vinyl.

However, the center of the four I would like to have no color--and show the background on whatever its applied to.

For some reason, when I created it its either WHITE or BLACK.--Using Signblazer and Flexi, I tried NO FILL in Flexi, changed colors, etc and just cant seem to nail it. Its the small white triangle in the hole.

If you can put me in the right direction - it would be greatly appreciated :) :)

oops- will have to attach file)..

4 ver 1.EPS

Many thanks Mfatty. If it was simple, may I ask- how you put a hole quickly thru the black layer?

No problem, had to step away for a few,Select the #4, convert to outlines,now select the inner black part of the 4 and the white part of 4. Go to weld tools>cutout. Now select small white part of 4 & the black part of 4, weld tools>cut out,it will probably turn all black, order that to back, (move that circle that I put there) and now group your objects, and your done. Hope you can understand all that.

• Like 1

Got it. Many thanks for your help, and describing the steps :)

More importantly did it work the way I described? I hope so, it is a little more complex typing it rather than talking you thru it.

I think I am on the right track..will work with it more this evening. I understand the challenge of writing the steps.:)

Update- ---THANK YOU to mfatty for getting me on track.

In a round about way, I accomplished the goal with the number thru Flexi and Signblazer - did some deleting of nodes, Weld and punch thru commands- should be same as CUTOUT in Flexi. I was able to nail it.

Here are some pics. These are for a friend going on his RC car ( decals not for sale)- printed using Black and White on Scotchcal 220 Clear Vinyl- then contour cut. You can see why I didn't want the center of the four to be white:) 

Of course most race fans should recognize the legendary number.  :) Second pic is placed on blue vinyl I had lying around- (applied too quick got a few bubbles).

43%20printed%20on%20clear.jpg

43%20on%20blue%20vinyl.jpg

A fine job, although not a big NAPCAR fan, I did enjoy the King.

Man I never heard of NAPCAR is it like NASCAR? Just curious. How was Elvis? Sorry I have to be a smarty once in awhile.

• Like 1

NAPCAR....for those "older" drivers.

;D

post-6159-0-14078300-1439118869_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Yup...they go around & around & around & around.....

then suddenly at the last few laps there is some action...

into the pits!  Da*m where did all the gas go?:huh:

At least with horse racing it's done with & over in a few minutes.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I have a hard time staying tuned in on nascar. I usually just watch the highlight reel. Rally cars and desert races and a little drag racing catch my attention a little better. 

• Like 1

It's kind of like the Ford/Chevy debate with NASCAR and NHRA.

They say, Real racers drive STRAIGHT to the finish line. All the others drive round in circles looking for it.  :lol: