VinylRevamp

LP2 and Premium Plus by Stahls

Just purchased some premium plus HTV from Stahls. I tried cutting yesterday but did not come out good.

Does anyone here suggest what setting my cutter should be set to for this specific HTV?

Thanks

Premium Plus is similar to Siser Stretch. Basically it is super stretchy and if you don't use a nice sharp blade it will not cut. I have several blades that are fine for sign vinyl or regular HTV that wouldn't cut and I had to swap out for a new blade and I was golden. I use more SIser than the stahls stuff but it's very very similar. 

I've got some stahls that is touchy like that either new blase or skip marks throughout the cut.

I usually use siser stretch and it cuts flawlessly. For some reason i decided to give stahls a try. I was upset. I'm ordering clean cut blades to see if that helps.

@goose is there a specific reason why you use siser more?

Overall (most Siser products in general) install at 305deg and they are almost all hot peel for super fast production. Hot peel also helps a lot with multi-layered work where your shirt has a tendency to shrink between layers so faster peel lets you throw the second color on before that takes place in some circumstances. Also regular Easyweed in available locally if I have an emergency although I order most of mine in from USCutter. Quite a few of the stahls line are on a frosted carrier which is trickier if you accidentally pull up a letter (Not sticky). I don't do much of the fashion style application like glitter or moda, my market is mostly in the durable workwear, high school parent shirts and team jerseys. 

I don't have an issue with the stalls line-up. Thermo Film although thick is a really durable product and give almost a rubber feel. Fashion Film and the Premium are great products too similar to Siser Stretch and I have used many many yards of Super Film (cold peel bleh) because it's about the only stretchy option for nylon volleyball jerseys. 

• Like 2

I do love the hot peel advantage. I should have just kept using siser if everything was running smooth. I contacted stahls for a return. I'm sure their stuff is good also. I just dont want to mess with my settings again.

I do love the hot peel advantage. I should have just kept using siser if everything was running smooth. I contacted stahls for a return. I'm sure their stuff is good also. I just dont want to mess with my settings again.

it's kinda like the windows 10 thing going on with drivers right now - the old timers keep using the tried and true - the younger crowd says if it ain't broke -  break it.    

peace out

• Like 3

I've been getting some phenomenal deals on stahls lately which is the only reason I've been using them but dollar for dollar I'll stay with siser every time.

I use siser and thermoflex the most and like it more than siser but siser is closer to me to buy.