Sign in to follow this  
Tenfour86

Interesting Surface to Work With - Vinyl Suggestions?

A physical therapist friend of mine asked me about putting his company logo on a portable therapy table that he has.  I've never made anything for such a flexible surface before and I'm not really sure what, if anything, would work best for a surface like this.  From what I can tell, the table is covered with a vinyl fabric and has about three or so inches of padding underneath it.  The logo would cover a good portion of the table top.  Any suggestions?

Heat Transfer vinyl however ask him if he knows what its made of before you go and do anything with the vinyl. Ots probably pleather which is plastic leather.or something of that sort.

I've done vinyl chairs with 651 and I have a couple that have been in use well over a year.

• Like 1

It does seem to stick well to clean vinyl. I messing around with my Jeep tire cover with Greenstar and it seemed to stick well although I didn't leave it applied.

• Like 1

It does seem to stick well to clean vinyl. I messing around with my Jeep tire cover with Greenstar and it seemed to stick well although I didn't leave it applied.

What kind of Jeep you got Q4?

I have had 7 over the years. Big fan of there CJ's but my last was a 93 wrangler and was lifted about 10" with 1 ton axles and all that. The newer ones like your's with coil springs are superior for building purposes. I am currently building (very slowly) a 96 Toyota Landcruiser and I'm toning down the overall concept because my best friend (my wife) doesn't enjoy the brutality of rock crawling but loves to go out into the hills. So far I am enjoying the plus ride and air-conditioning. A bit heavy but very well built. 

Yeah there girl ed up a little now it's stock and desperately needs parts <poor> . I really like the Land cruiser we have one that we just aquired. It has potential but a little rough. Was thinking about wrapping it camo to sell for hunting season!

Yeah there girl ed up a little now it's stock and desperately needs parts <poor> . I really like the Land cruiser we have one that we just aquired. It has potential but a little rough. Was thinking about wrapping it camo to sell for hunting season!

• Like 1

I'll definitely double check that it is in fact vinyl before doing anything.  It looked like it was, but I didn't actually feel it myself to be sure.

I've considered going the heat transfer route.  Should I be thinking of just a standard HTV or would something more specialized like easyweed stretch or easyweed extra be worth looking into?

Two questions about heat transfer:

1. Would an iron calibrated to the correct temperature work ok for installation?

2. Being a padded table, I won't be able to place a whole lot of pressure on it during installation.  Will this be a problem?

Good to know that 651 is a possibility also if all else fails.

• Like 1

I'll definitely double check that it is in fact vinyl before doing anything.  It looked like it was, but I didn't actually feel it myself to be sure.

I've considered going the heat transfer route.  Should I be thinking of just a standard HTV or would something more specialized like easyweed stretch or easyweed extra be worth looking into?

Two questions about heat transfer:

1. Would an iron calibrated to the correct temperature work ok for installation?

2. Being a padded table, I won't be able to place a whole lot of pressure on it during installation.  Will this be a problem?

Good to know that 651 is a possibility also if all else fails.

Typical foam will produce medium pressure like a press pillow so assuming the foam doesn't melt altogether you should be fine. That's still a bit of an assumption you should talk over with your client.