Guest gracewriter

Help! vinyl is sliding and cuts, forget about it!

My last wife was an artist. I bought what she needed,encouraged her in every way,and even paid someone to buy one of her paintings (without her knowing) at her first show.  It doesn't take much effort to show support for someone you love. That's what life is all about. I'm sorry that your husband thinks so little of your 'hairbrained idea'.

Anyhow, I heard a quote once that ended this way...'the saddest words man puts to pen...are the words what might have been' Don't let anyone, your husband included, spoil your dreams. It will make you bitter when you are old.

And, BTW...I believe in you. Your tenacity is what will make you succeed.

I hope this helps.

IF the blade is dull or adjusted incorrectly it will be more prone to make the vinyl track crooked.

I had a hard time with mine tracking true while cutting 15

Guest gracewriter

Wow John you're a really nice guy.  What I would give to have that kind of support and thank goodness for this forum!!!!  It surprises me how shook up I get when I read things like "I beleive in you."  Just never heard that before and I didn't realize how much I needed to hear it, especially from someone I respect...and I respect everyone on here.

Hi Popeye,

Ah, the blade adjustment...tried all kinds of blade positions, all kinds of blade pressure, all kinds of vinyl, all kinds of pinch roller positions, brand new blades, tap dancing, standing on my head, you name it.  Can't get a square cut to position the vinyl  so I am forced to use the straight edge on the side to line up.  I don't see in set up anything about adjusting the software for cutting correction. 

Maybe when Ken gets the machine back he can work all this out and let us know exactly what I was doing wrong, or maybe it is the machine.  I'm just kind of glad to see it leaving and expect things will go better with the refine.  If I have the same problems with that, then we'll know where the problem was and I'll be back with all kinds of questions.

Just please wish me luck the refine will solve this problem for me.

Good luck, I'm sure everything will work out fine... just keep the faith :thumbsup:

I too am interested in finding out whether it is hardware related or not. I will certainly post my findings once I get to check it out.

:thumbsup:

Guest gracewriter

Ken, I'll include all the different vinyl types so you can test exactly what I was using.

If you still have some of the defective cuts, that might be helpful for him too. or maybe not, but you never know  :thumbsup:

Guest gracewriter

Great news!!!!

I've had the Refine a few days now (I call him Hendrix after Jimmy because the sonds this machine makes reminds me of Hendrix playing the guitar back in the 70s--too funny!).

Anyway, I have been able to cut eight 2'x4' signs with NO DRIFT--what-so-ever!!!  And it only takes me about less than five seconds to line it up.  So now I know at least what was wrong with this particular Pcut (probably not all of them).  I believe the pinch rollers on this particular machine were not nearly tight enough and adding another pinch roller I DO NOT believe would have solved the problem.  The pressure was just too whimpy.

It's nice to have another machine to compare it with and see how easy it is to feed the vinyl without it drifting.

Thank god it wasn't me!

I never lost faith in you. I have always said that the refine was a great machine.

Guest fivestar

Hendrix, I love it ;D I call mine a robot auctioneer and Billy Hughes called his R2D2.  I told you it should only take a few seconds to line it up :-[  I had complete faith in you.

My refine is to my right. I am deaf in my right ear. Just like my ex-wife...she made a lot of noise too,but If I stood in te right place,it wasn't so bad.

Guest gracewriter

I especially like the percussion section when it makes its horizontal cuts.  This thing is very entertaining.  When I made my first cut the whole family came into the room wondering "What the heck is she doing in there."

My 10 year-old also says, R2D2, but the 16 year-old agreed with someone wildly playing an electric guitar.