Josh623

Titan 2 and Windows 10 - not working

So I just recently had a free upgrade to windows 10 so I took it. All of the programs still stayed on my computer and so did all the files. I went to use my 15" 420I Titan 2 vinyl cutter, and it worked great for about 5 minutes (I was doing a test run to make sure sizing was fine on the design I was doing). After it got done though it did something it never had - the rollers kept rolling and rolled my vinyl out of the cutter and I noticed that it had made a cut in the vinyl the entire length of the sheet (like the knife never picked up when it should have). I had to hit the 'reset' button to get it to stop rolling. 

Ever since this I am now getting a 'USB devise not recognized' error when I plug it into my computer. Yes I have tried rebooting both my computer and vinyl cutter and it's not working still. So then I went to try and reinstall the drivers and SCALP 3, after I deleted and tried to reinstall I am getting an error that won't allow me to install the drivers "Titan420i.dll was not found" error. 

Any ideas? I need to get this running and can't find anything when I search...

I Answered your other post it could be something with windows 10 I haven't switched just because I was afraid that it might affect some programs its to new and not tested good yet as far as I am concerned.  See if you can revert back to whatever you had windows 8 etc,?

Windows 10 just came out,,,, there are no Windows 10 drivers for the software or the vinyl cutter....  You should have waited...until the bugs were out and new drivers were created,,,,

If you have an older computer I would be using it.  or get one off of the big auction site.   I just picked up 2 nice 15" Toshiba, Windows 7, for under $90 with shipping each....

1 even came with all of these licensed programs on it

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. Microsoft Office 2013, Adobe Photoshop CS6, Adobe Lightroom 5.7, Rosetta Stone with Spanish Language Course 1-5, Nero Platinum 2014, Avast Antivirus, DivX Pro , WinZip Pro, Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Dragon Naturally Speaking Premium 13.

Last week I got a 17" Toshiba L775D Windows 7   for $191, with Free shipping      for a girl friend...Very nice.

Did you consider "rolling back" to Windows 7 or 8, whichever you were using before the upgrade?

I reverted back to Windows 8 that I was using before w/ the Titan 2 no problem... having the same issues :( I'll try rebooting but it is saying right now the same dll file is missing

I rolled back to win7, I will go back to 10 when the drivers/software gets released win10 was running super smooth otherwise, my whole computer seemed to be running faster

Glad your not dead in the water now  ;D,  cut away...

I am afraid there is is going to be a lot of people not thinking this thru, about the drivers and such,  and just upgrading to Windows 10, thinking everything is going to be alright.. .They are going to be very frustrated.  I hope they don't have orders to get done.

• Like 1

Don't go into the light. I might mess with it on my personal laptop but not making the big switch without more testing.

• Like 1

Every thing I've read about Win10..every expert...all say wait a few weeks.

• Like 1

I upgraded my desktop which I do my design work on mostly. My laptop that I use with my cutter will stay with Win 8 for a while until I'm sure Graphtec has good Win 10 drivers and others have upgraded without issues.

I read alot about windows 10 and almost did the free upgrade till i found out how much stuff is left out of what microsoft doesnt want you to know on what it does,, forget windows 10..  1 hidden thing was microsoft can now record everything you do ,from what programs you use, to copying your email contacts ,emails you send and receive. to what was the last thing you created in illustrator etc..Everything is now recorded and saved and overlooked on top of the many issues there are with programs that wont work or never will..I was shocked to find this out..

MS says, they give you 30 days to go back to your old system. I was going to upgrade the wifes laptop in a month, or so, but can't go from Vista to 10. Well, ya can, it just cost $119 bucks.

Well I just got off the phone w/ US Cutter support and let me say, they are a pleasure to deal with! The CS representative I dealt with said that they have been having their technician go through Windows 10 and the Titan vinyl cutters and they have found NO compatibility issues. We determined that my circuit board that connects the USB cord to the vinyl cutter went bad, they are shipping me a new one free of charge overnight shipping. I will try to update here as to how it goes. Thanks for everyone chiming in! 

Posted from another topic regarding windows 10. just wanted to share -----

BearlyRich, on 09 Aug 2015 - 22:20, said:snapback.png

You guys got me wondering about all this win10 privacy stuff, so I did some research...

Bottom line is that microsoft (with win10) has the right to everything on your computer, the right to upload anything it want to MS servers, and for any purpose. With win10, you basically become a cloud server for microsoft and anything they feel like doing with your computer or anything that resides on it. It also records just about everything you do, on-line and off and sends that data to MS.

There are many sites that explain how to turn most of that off. "Most"!!! MS has fingers in your computer and the legal right to do anything it wants with what it finds there!

No thanks!

And thank you all for cluing me in on this...

So Josh, did the new card get you up and going or did you have to roll back from windows 10?  I have a new laptop that I have 10 on now and use Corel Draw on and my old laptop had SCALP4 on it so I can transfer between. After the bugs from 10 get worked out then I would like to use only 1 computer.