ladyvex

graphtec cutting plotter ce5000 PAPER KEEPS FEEDING

I have a Graphtec Cutting Plotter CE5000-120AP Im using with a gerber fashion software. 

When I turn on the plotter, the screen says: AP V2.60HL with (4 arrows pointing to the right) then the screen quickly changes to: SHEET PRESS ENTER.

I press enter and the Pen/Knife cartridge moves back and forth (I'm assuming checking to make sure the push rollers are in the correct spot)

Once it does its normal back and forth the paper starts to roll out and will not stop! The only way for me to stop it is to press the media set lever or the power switch. The screen still says : SHEET PRESS ENTER

Prior to this problem I had a paper jam during one of my prints so something happened.....

ANY HELP :)

post-94053-0-38478800-1438352937_thumb.j

post-94053-0-41962800-1438352948_thumb.j

arty beat me. Roll1  measures the width and sets it to the start of the roll. Roll2 just measures the width and sheet measures length and width which is fine for scraps but with a roll it will try to measure until it finds the end.

I agree with Arty-

For some reason, the rear media sensor is not picking up the back of the sheet. If its a roll that you have loaded, it will just keep feeding until it finds the end when SHEET is selected.

when it comes on hit next and it should show roll1 or roll2. 

I don't use that cutter much anymore so I'm going from memory about the next button but that should be it then after it shows roll 1 hit enter.

Everybody who has ever ran a graphtec has ran into that. It's a right of passage :) but like mz.skeeter said you should download a manual if you don't already have one because we're not always this fast to respond.

• Like 4

because we're not always this fast to respond.

ten minutes for nine responces LOL Thats pretty quick

• Like 1