Sign in to follow this  
OWJones

"Hispanic" serif font

I had a customer ask for a design using the skinny, spiky, hard to read font that seems very popular with Hispanic vehicle owners.  I can kinda sorta visualize it, but not well enough to describe it much better than that.  Each of the letters have a sort of skinny diamond shape.

Sorry I can't give a better, less racist description...   Kind of like this image, but much heavier - but that general shape and pointyness...

post-24492-0-21934400-1438140730_thumb.p

• Like 1

At first I thought maybe Diploma Regular but then thought...meh not likely.  Here are some that are probably close. All I got anyway. 

post-20133-0-50873400-1438146552_thumb.p

• Like 1

Down here Hispanic is Mexican and for my shop at least they usually end up with a derivative of old english or Ironhorse and although not pointy che lives was a big seller when I was still doing the flea markets.

• Like 1

I've seen quite a few with a difficult to read old english style, but the sharp, pointy style like Wildgoose posted just above seems to be the ugly font of choice.  It's fun sitting at red lights trying to decipher whatever wording they put on their rear windows...

Thanks, all, I think Wildgoose nailed it.