Sign in to follow this  
TauntDevil

Cutter loses pressure near origin

Hello all.

Odd issue. I just started trying to cut siser Easy weed. It cuts fine but stops at the letter right at the origin of where the cutter sits. Never had this issue before until now.

Laserpoint II with 45degree blade.

Works great with normal vinyl and all.

ribwg6.jpg

Hard to see (sorry) but the S after the K is where the issue is. Happens with any decal I go to make.

Does it do it with a pen on the back side of the vinyl?    From what I have read , plenty of static in that stuff...   Just a guess.  

So my idiot self figured it out. It was mm.... binding? Basically just crunching the vinyl because it is so flexible and since there wasnt anything holding it down on that side, thats why it happened. Just put the edge to where the knurls are and didnt have as much of an issue. I just need to make sure to find 24" wide vinyl instead since 12" isnt wide enough for the edges to be held.

• Like 3

So my idiot self figured it out. It was mm.... binding? Basically just crunching the vinyl because it is so flexible and since there wasnt anything holding it down on that side, thats why it happened. Just put the edge to where the knurls are and didnt have as much of an issue. I just need to make sure to find 24" wide vinyl instead since 12" isnt wide enough for the edges to be held.

Good catch...glad you got it...

• Like 1