jongger

US Cutter MH 871--MK2, Deep Inside Cuts

Hi 
I wonder can anyone help. I recently bought a US Cutter MH 871--MK2. I have been trying to get the blade settings right. I have done loads of test cuts.
My problem is the machine cuts deeper on the right side and in the left side (under the control panel) 
won't. So I can get the setting right but then the cut is to light on the Left side.

Hope

Here are some pictures of what I mean

Vinyl

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Plotter?preview=IMG-20150728-WA009.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Plotter?preview=IMG-20150728-WA004.jpg

teflon cutting strip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7j2gtvcqoo3ahym/IMG-20150728-WA010.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Plotter?preview=IMG-20150728-WA003.jpg

Make sure that the carriage head white wheels are firmly down in the track...  No dust in track  Make sure teflon cutting strip is down all the way across your cutter.

Make sure blade holder if firmly secure in carriage head. 

Make sure nothing like vinyl pieces inside the blade holder

Set your blade correctly like this.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

Just post the pictures here on the forum.....Not everyone has a dropbox account...  I sure don't,  and don't plan on it.  CLICK more reply options next to POST button and upload them. 

Is this a brand new machine or a used machine?   And what cutting software on what type of computer?  And how are you connected to the computer?

Did you check everything above like I asked?  Especially the white wheels firmly down in the track from the carriage head.   Post some pictures of the wheels in the track and carriage head.   Does the carriage head move smoothly left and right in the track without raising or lowering.?  If not,, it then contact tech support. 

What vinyl is that?  It looks like crap...  And why are the ends of your cuts not meeting?   Why are the corners not sharp and square?

What's with the jagged cut at the top of the 3?  Backwards s and a look horrible.  

Looks like you have a real mess going on there. You should not be cutting through the vinyl and into the cutting strip EVER. You will have to replace that strip to get good results. I don't know my way around the MH model but perhaps you can move the zero point over past that groove and get some cutting done on the strip where it isn't ruined. 

Just from what I see you probably have way too much pressure and by the depth of that groove WAY WAY WAY too much blade out. I am betting your blade tip is broken at this point too. 

If you know how to move your origin point over and set it farther over you can try again. You should install a new blade and adjust the depth like skeeter said so that it actually can't cut through the carrier even if you wanted. Then dial the speed down, not to the slowest but about 1/4 of the total available. Set the pressure very light (similar to the speed try 1/4 of the total available or somewhere around 60 grams) and start making test cuts one at a time while slowly raising the pressure until it will just cut through the vinyl. This may take you 10 or 15 tries. I don't know if the MH has a test cut feature. If it doesn't then make a small 1/2" square and maybe put an x in the middle to help determine if you are getting a good cut and then cut that file as a test cut. (try attached file)

This all assuming your carrier head is on the rails etc....

Test Cut.svg

Hello everyone

I am writing to update you about my issue with uscutter mh 871 mk2I am writing to update you on my problem. I noticed when i move the carriage head to the left side it runs a little  slow (also it makes a strange sound) while in the right side(under the control panel) runs just fine.

Is this a brand new machine or a used machine?   And what cutting software on what type of computer?  And how are you connected to the computer?

Did you check everything above like I asked?  Especially the white wheels firmly down in the track from the carriage head.   Post some pictures of the wheels in the track and carriage head.   Does the carriage head move smoothly left and right in the track without raising or lowering.?  If not,, it then contact tech support. 

What vinyl is that?  It looks like crap...  And why are the ends of your cuts not meeting?   Why are the corners not sharp and square?

What's with the jagged cut at the top of the 3?  Backwards s and a look horrible.  

Is this a brand new machine or a used machine?

used machine

And what cutting software on what type of computer?

The software that came with the machine "sure cuts a lot"

And how are you connected to the computer?

Usb port

Did you check everything above like I asked?  Especially the white wheels firmly down in the track from the carriage head.   Post some pictures of the wheels in the track and carriage head.

Sure now I'll post some pictures of the white wheels

Does the carriage head move smoothly left and right in the track without raising or lowering.?  If not,, it then contact tech support. 

Does not move smoothly to left side and the right side it moves smoothly.

I'll chime in here ----  the MH model is familiar to me like the back of my hand.

FIrst thing, of course, is to simply REVERSE that cutting strip. Peel it off, swing it 180* (right to left, left to right) and press it back on.

That will leave a clean surface under the carriage head, and that ripped portion will be off to the far (left) side, perhaps beyond the width of media being used.

Also, remove the cover on the left side (power plug side). There are just four screws holding it on.

You'll see a tensioner arm with a roller and the belt spins on that assembly. You might try to adjust the screw and add (or subtract) pressure on the belt to see if it gives a smooth track all the way across.

The last thing I'll mention, is for you to give a ring to USCUTTER and request they provide (please, pretty please) an opportunity to receive the BUNDLED software that is being shipped currently with machines ---  VinylMaster CUT version.  I got that a few weeks ago, it quickly loaded and displayed and synced to my MH machine, and runs that cutter like a champ. I recommend it to anyone who got SCALPed, and I hope USCUTTER management makes good to their loyal customers and gives a way for those using SCAL to 'upgrade' into VinylMaster easily and without exhorbitant costs.

Hello guys, i found the problem, the carriage arm was broken and and replace it with a new one, so thanks to all of you who helped me.

Hi, i have a problem with the carriage, it's not in the track. Its been like that since i got it about 6 years ago. I didnt realize it till today. Its leaning againt the track, and I've been running it like that forever. I don't know how to put it back on...there's no room to just push it in. Also, i was wondering if i needed to place the blade holder into the groove on the carriage arm? Or just on top? When i place it on top, i have to push the blade out all the way...and somehow its not even reaching anymore.