Biscom

"cutting in progress " but not cutting

Please I need help with my US series Vinyl cutter,resently whenever a design is sent for cutting , the blade will attempt to move and stop but cutting in progress will be displayed on the screen. I tried to install another software but still no solution .I am using SCAL PRO. Thanks

How large is the design? .Have you ever successfully cut the design before?  If not the design may be a problem. Post it up. ..This cutter has some limited memory...If your on USB , it is always best to run a value cutter like the SC  on a serial cable or a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter for communication.  Can be bought on EBAY.

Actually it's working perfectly before with usb cable but I travelled for a while on returning after 3 months the problem started in respect of the size of the design

I just read now that electro static-current can cause ! let me try it with pen and paper as advised .

Thanks Everyone for helping,the problem was caused by electrostatic current,as advised , I removed both cutting knife & material and loaded ordinary paper with pen, Whao, then pen actually plot, then knife and flex replace and cutting actions resume.

I am still using USB port . Once again , thanks

• Like 1

Thanks Everyone for helping,the problem was caused by electrostatic current,as advised , I removed both cutting knife & material and loaded ordinary paper with pen, Whao, then pen actually plot, then knife and flex replace and cutting actions resume. I am still using USB port . Once again , thanks

Yep common occurrence. I suggest getting a can of the spray style static guard. I found that worked the best with my old cutter that had similar issues. Tried the dryer sheets and they just didn't control it enough. 

• Like 1