Primal Decals

Need a quote for getting shirts done

I'm quoting screen print. I'd need the size of the design to quote HTV but it would definitely be more than $6

Oh OK I thought they were all quoting heat vinyl 

• Like 1

Jay, you would have to have an order around 300+ shirts to get down to $6.00 per shirt in our area, I understand the demographic part of it, but your shirt cost the same for me as it does you, same with ink, vinyl, supplies etc.

• Like 1

For vinyl i would be at $20 to $25 depending on the weeding and design thats posted.

Silkscreen I would be at $275 for 24 shirts min.

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="mfatty500" data-cid="399383" data-time="1437854184"><p>

Jay, you would have to have an order around 300+ shirts to get down to $6.00 per shirt in our area, I understand the demographic part of it, but your shirt cost the same for me as it does you, same with ink, vinyl, supplies etc.</p></blockquote>

damn I can only dream. I am somewhere in the middle down here. I've seen them being quoted $4 on color shirts and I don't even waste my time.

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="mr300s" data-cid="399379" data-time="1437851041"><p>

Oh OK I thought they were all quoting heat vinyl</p></blockquote>I'd be around 15 for vinyl. All but 2 of my customers jump on the screen print for 12 or more but the other 2 prefer vinyl despite the cost.

For HTV I would be a lot higher. I am quoting screen printing. Which I am attaching here. I PROMISE I am not working for free here, just not getting greedy. I do a lot of screen printing and can usually get blank shirts for $2-3 for S-XL that leaves me making $3-4 per shirt on a single color single print shirt. I will do that all day long.

Here is my pricing sheet that I work off daily.

post-11601-0-33510400-1437874350_thumb.j

I price blank color up to xl at $6 in the store and charge $1 per color and or location but for this I consider a wholesale job which is why I came in at 6

Neuromax it looks like you just add the screen fees into the pricing. as long as you meet the 12 shirt minimum my price is as stated above however I stick to the more basic work so no halftone at this time and no process work although learning process print is high on my to do list.

Neuromax it looks like you just add the screen fees into the pricing. as long as you meet the 12 shirt minimum my price is as stated above however I stick to the more basic work so no halftone at this time and no process work although learning process print is high on my to do list.

Jay, If you ever want to play around with it I can print the film in tone for you. Shouldn't cost much to ship it. It adds an entire new level to printing. You can get a lot of detail with halftones.

My current goal is 4 color process and I am in negotiations for a vacuum exposure unit to improve my positives. I'll definitely keep you in mind if I get froggy with halftones.

Im so confused right now its not even funny lol.. I dont know what is better in anything. The guy contacted me and is looking for 3t-to 3x from what he says. He wants the logo color to last as well as the shirt... He told me he has a guy that used to do them for $12 a shirt( not sure what sizes that covers) he isnt giving me to much info beyond that.  I told him i would get ahold of my forum pros( you guys) for pricing etc. So lets try to make this simple for me to understand.I dont know what HTV etc is . Just want lasting color and lasting shirt ....Thanks. Dwayne

• Like 1

Im so confused right now its not even funny lol.. I dont know what is better in anything. The guy contacted me and is looking for 3t-to 3x from what he says. He wants the logo color to last as well as the shirt... He told me he has a guy that used to do them for $12 a shirt( not sure what sizes that covers) he isnt giving me to much info beyond that.  I told him i would get ahold of my forum pros( you guys) for pricing etc. So lets try to make this simple for me to understand.I dont know what HTV etc is . Just want lasting color and lasting shirt ....Thanks. Dwayne

HTV is just a type of vinyl that you cut and weed and then press on with a heat press. (Heat Transfer Vinyl) And it lasts as long as the shirt usually. PM me I might be interested in working something out that would net you a good finders fee. 

He will be happy with Heat Transfer Vinyl...

good vinyl will outlast the shirt.

HTV on shirts is a similar to making vinyl banners  & signs only

you cut the design out of a thin Heat Transfer Vinyl and apply

it to the shirt with heat and pressure.  

Here are some videos that may help:

The drawback of HTV is the time factor...the cutting

and weeding take time and there is no way to speed up

that process.  

With screen printing you make ONE template of your design

and fabric paint is pressed through to imprint the shirts.

Screen printing is more cost effective for larger quantities

and HTV is for small quantities.

Sue2

• Like 2

If you go into say Walmart 99.99% of those shirts are screen printed.

Sue summed it up pretty well. I would bet 99% of all T'shirts people who don't own a vinyl cutter have are screen printed. I started out with shirts doing HTV and use Siser Easyweed (a really good brand of HTV in my opinion) I got in to screen printing as well because of the cost and time. Its much more efficient when doing more than 12 or with some detailed layouts.

HTV is expensive and as Sue said its time/labor consuming and some jobs it just will not work (your posted design would work fine)

With good quality HTV or good quality ink (screen printing) both will last and he will be happy with either. A lot of people (me included) don't like the hand (feel) of HTV.

$12 would be a reasonable retail price (your price to him) If you sub them out you have room to make $5-6 per shirt and after you factor in shipping of about $1 per shirt you could make $4-5 each. Not a bad profit for just a few emails.

One pitfall I see is sizing from 3T to 3XL for screen print would really require 2 different screens. If you size the image to fit a 3T its going to be small on the 3X. If you size it to fit the 3X it wont fit on the 3T. This might be where HTV AND screen print come together. Do the few youth shirts in HTV and screen print the rest.

• Like 3

I was just about to post and say a 3t and a 3x will require 2 screens. where as vinyl will just have to make 1 size for 3t and one for 3x. I just finished a order for my girl kids 5t to L youth in vinyl. it was 12 tshirts with 4 designs. you could also have someone cut them for you and you heat press them on.

I regularly do the super small shirts with htv if I can match the ink color and the design is not too complex. I am working on a dark room to store more coated screens and when that's done I'll probably end up doing the little ones with ink unless it's just 1 or 2. Every job is different and knowing what techniques to use when comes with experience.

Thank you everyone, i will write down all you have offered and advised and let him know and go from there.. Im shocked at the responses this created lol... Thank you