Strictly Modded

How do you get perfect decals?

Hi, I've tried to do research on this before but I've always came up empty. I started my own custom window decal business not too long ago and I've always seen companies with perfectly cut decals and never knew how they do it. They are all identical. I've tried using a big cutting mat with a blade connected to it. (The ones you see in art rooms.) Using this they looked a lot better but they were still different sized decals. I want my decals to look as good as possible so if anyone knows how to get perfect decals that are all identical let me know! Sorry if my wording was really bad and you don't understand what I'm saying lol.

I think I might understand( not 100% sure though) . If you are cutting identical decals you want them all the same size after they are masked and trimmed?   If that is the case what I normally do when cutting mutable identical decals is put a weed box around what I am cutting and align everything up in a grid. When I weed my decals I leave the weed box on the backing and mask the entire sheet. I then use a large rotary paper cutter similar to what you where explaining and trim along the insides of all the weed boxes. Everything comes out square and exactly the same size.

• Like 1

I think I might understand( not 100% sure though) . If you are cutting identical decals you want them all the same size after they are masked and trimmed?   If that is the case what I normally do when cutting mutable identical decals is put a weed box around what I am cutting and align everything up in a grid. When I weed my decals I leave the weed box on the backing and mask the entire sheet. I then use a large rotary paper cutter similar to what you where explaining and trim along the insides of all the weed boxes. Everything comes out square and exactly the same size.

Thank you! Exactly what I meant!

• Like 1

This is why I love this forum. I've always used my xactoknife to cut around places to make it easier to weed. Now I use the weed box in Flexi. Thanks.

For smaller decals ive been using one of these for a while. They even have one with a laser on it now. I do a lot of individual race numbers and have gotten really good at squaring them in seconds.

71%2BeQm8dkXL._SL1500_.jpg