Sign in to follow this  
brilliantdesigns

how to cut 15" vinyl, graphtec not cutting to edge of vinyl

help!! 

I have a graphtec ce6000. i can't get it to cut to the edge of my 15" roll of vinyl. All settings are correct in cutting master. I was reading there is a setting I can change on the actual Graphtec, my manual doesn't supply me with those directions. Can someone please tell me how i tell the plotter the vinyl is 15"?

Why do you have to cut to the edge of a 15" roll?  Get a bigger roll of vinyl.. cutting to the edge can cause your blade to run off on the cutting strip and damage it., which will cause more problems as well as damage your blade.   Or put the vinyl on a cutting mat which is larger than your vinyl.

15" is usually punched too which will definitely put your blade at risk. I run just inside the punched holes and let the rest fall to the lost vinyl fairies. I expect your cutter should have a self measure feature called polling which will measure what you actually have to work with. I get just a tad over 13.5" on punched 15" rolls and design accordingly. If it's going to be bigger than that I go to 24. Actually I buy almost all 24 and sometimes downsize if I know I don't need the width or for basic black calendared etc...

I get just a tad over 13.5" on punched 15" rolls and design accordingly. If it's going to be bigger than that I go to 24. Actually I buy almost all 24 and sometimes downsize if I know I don't need the width or for basic black calendared etc...

I measure about 14 3/8 inches on a 15" Oracal roll...   I cut 14" wide decals all the time on a 15" punched roll. .. I just start  to the left of the punches...  Design does not hit the holes at 14"    I have many designs up for sale that I scaled at 14" wide, so no waste.

• Like 1

I measure about 14 3/8 inches on a 15" Oracal roll...   I cut 14" wide decals all the time on a 15" punched roll. .. I just start  to the left of the punches...  Design does not hit the holes at 14"    I have many designs up for sale that I scaled at 14" wide, so no waste.

Doesn't work on a Summa. They pinch WAY harder than other cutters and have skinny rollers so the holes are a problem for me. If I try to run the rollers over the holes it will mess up and it's a little too thin to scoot outside of them. 

oh I see. how that could be a problem...I just assumed most pinch rollers were about the same width...

I can not buy bigger rolls of vinyl as my machine is 15".

Oh,  well that was never mentioned,   size...just assumed it was a 24" cutter. .  the cutting max on a 15" machine is only 14.76" wide  on the specs.  So it will never cut 15"...

• Like 1