Sign in to follow this  
JayBrazell

need help with cutting speed(recommendations)

I have a new US Cutter MH871 MK2 running SCaL3 and trying to cut small script text. Problem is I cant seem to get the speed or cut pressure dialed in. Do any of you have any recommendations on what has worked for you? Should the speed be fast or slow and a heavy or light blade? Thanks for any help you can give.

How small is the text you are trying to cut? it might be too small for the machine to handle. However,  you need to go as slow as your machine will allow when cutting small text or intricate designs.

• Like 1

You must first set your blade correctly  like this.   Some cutters like the value cutters,  MH   are not made to cut small script text..  Higher end cutters with servo motors are much better at this than the value cutters with stepper motors...  Also cut slow.  most will say use a 60 degree blade..  You may get it,  but it may take a lot of tweeking.and patience.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 1

Thank you for the replies. I was able to get the job cut yesterday after a few hours of adjusting. The letters were 1" and a pretty fancy script. I slowed it way down and reset the blade in the holder. The weeding was a booger but I got it and the customer was very happy. Thanks again for the help.

• Like 1

1" should be pretty do-able even with the MH. I often thicken up script fonts before I let my clients see them so they are more cutter friendly. 

• Like 1