HalfTimeDesign

Windows 8 driver !!! Where can I get it?

I have a new computer and it wont allow me to download the driver. contacted online us cutter support and they sent me to the ftdi site to download directly but I am still not able to download. Please help! :wacko:

UScutter website.  under SUPPORT

In Windows 7, if you attempted to install a driver that was not "Microsoft Approved" you would get a warning, but you could still install it. With Windows 8, drivers are forced to have a "signature", otherwise Windows will simply refuse to install them. This is a great way to protect against bad drivers being installed but at the same time it'll stop you from working with certain drivers you might need installed. Here is a successful way to disable this feature of Windows 8 so you can install your driver. NOTE: Alter your operating system settings at your own risk. USCutter does not recommend that you change any aspect of the manufacturer supplied settings and has posted the instructions below for educational purposes only.

Disable Driver Signature Enforcement - Windows 8.0

1. 1.You will need to open the sidebar. Easy way is to press the Windows Key + C and the sidebar will pop up automatically.
  2. Click Settings.
  3. Click Change PC settings.
  4. Click General.
  5. Scroll down, and click Restart now under Advanced startup.
  6. Wait a bit.
  7. Click Troubleshoot.
  8. Click Advanced Options.
  9. Click Windows Startup Settings
  10. Click Restart.
  11. Once you see the option screen press the number 7.