Something I'm trying to figure out. 

I've got a great webpage www.whitelightningsigns.com. Have a google place, facebook page. But when you type signs into google with our town We don't come up on the first page. I get plenty of calls from our previous location and number.

Any sort of advertisement advice would be great. I've got a great product and fair pricing. 

Go to www.google.com and type in "SEO consultant" and you'll find the people who can help you.

Google search results are based on several things..the very least of which is actual relevance. For example, the more hits your page gets, the higher up it moves. I have had a website for 10 years and have yet to have it show up on Google less than 3 pages in. Which is fine with me.

You're not here just to pimp your site... /sarcasm :rolleyes:

Haha well  I just wanted to put it there so people knew I had a legit site and see if they wanted it to search for it. I will look into a SEO. I guess its weird I get plenty of calls from the previous phone number this business had in another town and nothing in this town. 

• Like 1

Before you pay anyone for a consultation, make a few changes on your own and give it a couple of weeks to see results.

On your webpage, right click your mouse..... go to View Source

One big reason that you are not getting any traffic -you are promoting Joomla. You need to go to your admin panel and under Global Settings, change this.

<meta name="keywords" content="joomla, Joomla" /> <meta name="description" content="Joomla! - the dynamic portal engine and content management system" /> <meta name="generator" content="Joomla! - Open Source Content Management" />

Keywords and meta tags are important for each and every page that is on your website. It's necessary for site indexing. Also tagging your photos and images. Keep as much content in actual text format over images. Images are great once you have the customer there, but what words do you want them to relate your business to? Those are what need to be all over your site.  I know it's a nuisance, but it works.

In your keyword selection AND content, use phrases that someone would use to type in a search bar. "banner shop in xyz town"  "banner store in xyz town"  "birthday banners" 'real estate banners' "banner installer"   "buy banners xyz town"  you will be amazed at what people use as search words. Incorporating these phrases in your content sentences will bring them to your site.

The more often you update your site, the more google will look at it. If your site is deemed stale - meaning that you rarely make changes, you go to the unspoken, bottom of the indexing, list. No reason to index your site if there are no changes. Traffic then becomes your only hope for higher ranking.

Traffic -- facebook.. or send out an email blast to your customers asking them to view your new, or updated site and ask them to provide their opinion in exchange for a percentage off or enter into a drawing.  TONS of traffic, you asked them to critique you. Everyone wants their opinion valued. They will dig all around your site... every page, trying to find something to offer feed back on.  You are only out a percentage on a sale that might not have come from a particular customer. Probably because, until scouring your site, they might not have even known you offered a particular product or service.

Lots of ways to beef up your traffic and your index level, free. 

View Source is a nice littlle way to check in on the competition that ranks higher than you do.

What words are they using?

What words and phrases related to their industry are used in the content?

There is your first SEO consultation, $1200 bill on the way. :)

• Like 4

Ow is exactly right, google is testy. most web providers / hosts offer what they call an SEO wizard which helps you determine what your missing to make google find you faster. Also some web hosts offer the ability to be placed on the first page of google for a fee.

• Like 1