leword

Heat press pillow

Everyone talks about how necessary it is to have a press pillow. Do they really help that much? Do people use them on every press they do? And does it need to be a certain size? The only ine uscutter has is a 16x20 and my press is a little smaller than that.

I use a little smaller one than that. I think mine is 13x15 or some such. They are not deeded for everything but when you get something that has buttons, zippers thick collars or seams etc, then they are needed. Other wise your press rides up on those things and you get no pressure on the vinyl. They will eventually wear out but I have replaced the foam on mine with some I bought at Michael's craft store and it's back in fine form. I also have another skinny pillow for use in pant legs and long sleeves. Another useful tool is a "Perfect Press Pad" which is basically a piece of the same stuff your lower platen has on it and you can use it next to buttons and zippers like on a polo shirt. I have heard of people just using a mouse pad or two to get the same results and that would probably be a little cheaper. 

• Like 1

I use them for every sweatshirt, jersey, etc. Basically anything with seems, zippers, hoods, etc. that will prevent an even press aross the platen.

• Like 2

What do they do? Heat press pillows squishmallow go inside shirts or under surfaces that you are heat applying vinyl onto. They allow thick seams, zippers, buttons, pockets, collars, and other burdens to be absorbed into the pillow so that you can get an even pressure to apply your vinyl.

Hello, by my side i do not use this kind of pillow as i was not sure of the density, and then was afraid to lose too much pressure.

I purchased silicon pads 8mm (format 12" x 15" / 30cm x 38cm) for 25€ each.

It's almost the same density as the press pad.

It does not perfectly absorb the buttons or zip, but you can cut a groove or lunge (translator) for your polo shirt collars for exemple.

-------------------------

Leticasanova.fr

6123JdWrbWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg