Sign in to follow this  
hschrunk

Software to use

For my business computer I have been using a PC and I use CorelDraw to create my vinyl designs - and then I send to Sign Cuts.      In CorelDraw I can change different artwork to Bitmaps easily.     

My personal computer is a Mac and I would love to use a Mac for my business - is there a compatible software for Mac that I can use like I use CorelDraw?     

Thanks!!

I'm not sure I fully understand your question.

You are currently using Corel Draw in combination with SignCut? SignCut is mac and pc compatible. Is corel NOT compatible with mac?

I'm an Adobe Illustrator guy and not familiar with Corel. I have heard that it's a harder curve to switch from Corel to AI. Assuming you can get a mac version of Corel then your still set with SignCut Pro and you should be good to go. If Corel isn't going to work then you are going to have to switch to something else. Inkscape will work with either platform but may not be as handy as what you are used to. AI is great but will require some re-training on your part. AI kind of sets the standard in the design world but like I mentioned, they take a completely different tack on getting to the finished product. I once tried a 30 day free trial of Corel to see how it operated and couldn't get anything accomplished so I know they come at design from a different angle. Inkscape is similarly weird to me so maybe they are similar enough that you can move that direction. Inkscape being open source just doesn't have some of the bells and whistles you are probably accustomed to. 

(I would avoid Sure Cuts a Lot personally) Had an early release version trying to use it as a cut only program but was totally unhappy with it and switched back to SignCut Pro to cut.