ACJ GRAPHICS

just an outline?

Hmmm. Your trace has a lot of colors. You need to trace with just one or two so it comes out in black and white. I colored it all black and in this screen shot you can see all the iterations within the design.

post-20133-0-12781900-1436968125_thumb.p

Hmmm. Your trace has a lot of colors. You need to trace with just one or two so it comes out in black and white. I colored it all black and in this screen shot you can see all the iterations within the design.

HOLY COW not sure how all that happen. like i said it was a scan of a pencil drawling from my cousin. 

You don't have a clean outline to begin with...

are you sure the customer wants it nice and

smooth?  Or would they prefer the ragged look?

Do they even realize that logo is going to look a lot

different in one or two solid colors than the full color

file you are dealing with.

Sue2

You don't have a clean outline to begin with...

are you sure the customer wants it nice and

smooth?  Or would they prefer the ragged look?

Do they even realize that logo is going to look a lot

different in one or two solid colors than the full color

file you are dealing with.

Sue2

that was a quick drawling (obviously) for my cousin not really a customer. i didnt think it would be such "project" lol. 

Here is a welded version without the text. It will need a bunch of cleaning up so I would start over if it were me. 

ok all i did was trace it when you say start over do you mean start from scratch? and make all over ?

The sharpie is your greatest friend when it comes to pencil drawing scans, and making artwork for cutting, Also invest in a drawing tablet and pen then trace over the image.

• Like 1

Doesn't look to hard of a manual redraw. There are various software tool to create the gear then just do a manual drawing of the shoe or clean up the scan of the shoe and merge it with the new gear. Here's a gear, took about 5 min to make in Inkscape and part of that time was goggling how to do it.

gear.eps

• Like 2

By start over I meant re-trace it with different settings but like Hatter suggested maybe a little time with a marker would also help a lot and if you have the skills there is very little involved with just drawing this thing up and making it symmetrical like darcshadow suggested. 

By start over I meant re-trace it with different settings but like Hatter suggested maybe a little time with a marker would also help a lot and if you have the skills there is very little involved with just drawing this thing up and making it symmetrical like darcshadow suggested. 

yes i will have to trace with sharpie then try it i  use adobe but still trying to figure out all ins and outs. it was an email so i will print and trace and scan again after i make it all deep dark lines. fingers crossed thanks

It just occurred to me, is that gear suppose to be a wheel? If so, I'd make the teeth a lot lower. And seeing how the text is sneakers and spokes I'd suggest putting some spokes on the tire. Although that might be a pain as far as a decal goes I think it looks better. Will need an outline around the text to separate it from the spokes. Just a suggestion.

post-25571-0-24462300-1436992847_thumb.p

It just occurred to me, is that gear suppose to be a wheel? If so, I'd make the teeth a lot lower. And seeing how the text is sneakers and spokes I'd suggest putting some spokes on the tire. Although that might be a pain as far as a decal goes I think it looks better. Will need an outline around the text to separate it from the spokes. Just a suggestion.

i did mention to him about it looks like a gear instead of a tire 

The font may be a little hard to locate (Adasburg).
If your interested in one similar, look in the style of Calligraphic Script.

'Lighthouse' is similar.

I think many folks would associate that gear with bicycles.

With the shoe there I immediately think pedals. I would probably make round teeth like a regular chain gear. See attached (gear only) insert and cut to fit

mike_fraser3.eps

• Like 1

I agree, I saw it as a gear for a bicycle too, but since the name of the shop specifically says Spokes, that made me think maybe the gear was suppose to be a dirt tire.

• Like 1