eddieb378

Lines in my print

I have a epson 7510 with pigment inks that when I print I have lines very small lines in the print and can not get them out ! It looks like where the printer is printing back and forth and not going straight or something! Any ideas?

have you printed a nozzle test? That will usually show you if you have any issues related to the nozzles and you may have to do some head cleaning. It's not uncommon to have to clean the heads once in a while especially if you haven't been printing color often. I use my pigment printer for EVERYTHING just so I keep the ink flowing.

The nozzle check comes out good other than the yellow lines is straight instead of the little jagged lines but they are not broke and the ink seems really thick

I am getting black where it shouldn't be either! Look at this print I just done!

post-5354-0-02765500-1436575426_thumb.jp

looks like you have excess down on the printhead or something. Maybe you have a leak or an overprint or something going on there. 

Probably not. I'm no printer guru maybe someone else will chime in

Get some clog buster or print head cleaner and the clog buster syringe from Cobra. as mr 300 showed Richard has great videos on how to fix it. If you cant wait for some of his products get 75% or higher Isopropyl alcohol, get some paper toweling. First tell the printer you want to replace the cartridge. unplug the printer do not turn it off. Now move the cartridge to one side of the printer. Next fold the paper toweling so it fits inside where the cartridge go back and forth. Make sure the paper toweling goes under the metal rails and rollers (where the paper would travel through). Next do not pour the Isopropyl on the towel you want to slowly drip it onto the paper toweling find away if you have an ink syringe that's the best way.. Now take the cartridge carriage and slide it over the wet paper toweling. This should remove the extra ink on the head. You my have to do it a couple of times but it works for me. As for the extra lines try upping your quality in the print settings.

If you're using a CISS kit, make sure the tanks are at the right height - if they're mounted too high, then gravity will cause excess ink to flood the cartridges and it can eventually leak down into the printer and cause things like that - the black streak across the bottom is usually a clear sign of damp ink along the print path, usually towards the exit end of the print path.

If you're using refillable cartridges, you may have overfilled them, or the the little flapper valve that holds the ink in when the cartridge is pulled out of the printer may have a slow leak, this can cause the same problem.

Get a lint free paper towel and lightly moisten it with Cobra Ink Cleaner and wipe across the interior surfaces of the printer and when it comes away black, that's where you know the ink is, then carefully clean it and allow it to dry.

• Like 1

Do a head clean and a head aligment that should work