Sign in to follow this  
stealey1986

graphtec fc3100-120 connection problems

hi, i have an old graphtec fc3100-120 cutter.

it used to be connected to a very old mac that died.

now i want to connect it to a newer pc, i have got signblazer elements, got the connecter cable and linked them up, set the cutter to HP-GL mode, but now a bit stuck, someone reccomended that i need a driver for the pc, is there any free ones i can get to see if it works? and is there any other things i might need to do?

thanks

ideally your cable would be parrallel, or RS-232. but if you are using a USB to RS232 cable, the cable itself should need a driver.

Also check that the  COM ports the same- in Signblazer Cutter Setup, and matches the Port that it is connected to your computer- under system- COM etc. Baud Rate, Bit parity etc should also match.

well aint that a bear - I didn't try the download link when I found the 32 bit version as I had no need for it but once again skeeter is right - it appears on their site but when you click it you get nothing

well aint that a bear - I didn't try the download link when I found the 32 bit version as I had no need for it but once again skeeter is right - it appears on their site but when you click it you get nothing

we are over here,,  He found the dead link after I posted it also..  :rolleyes: ::)    LOL  

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/49361-hi-new-to-the-group-and-could-use-some-help/

• Like 1