stealey1986

Hi new to the group and could use some help

hi, i have an old graphtec fc3100-120 cutter.

it used to be connected to a very old mac that died.

now i want to connect it to a newer pc, i have got signblazer elements, got the connecter cable and linked them up, set the cutter to HP-GL mode, but now a bit stuck, someone reccomended that i need a driver for the pc, is there any free ones i can get to see if it works? and is there any other things i might need to do?

thanks

when i go into signblazer and try to do a cut on the graphtec it just starts cutting very small text or symbols down one side, so its connected but i have done something wrong?

TRY THE 4200 SERIES..driver.      A lot of these drivers work with other series.   They are not dead links.  Or contact Graphtec support.

ok i have downloaded the 4200 series, now to be a real pain, how do i install it haha. im new to all this and just trying to get the cutter operational

thanks for all your help

your an absolute star, everything is working now i have that driver installd, thanks a lot 

Your welcome

@MZ SKEETER So here it is 2020 and I was the idiot stupid enough to buy a FC3100-100. I got the cable that goes from the left port to a USB into my laptop but I can't seem to find the right drivers anywhere. I tried installing the 4200 series like you guys said to do here but it won't finish installing because I'm running on windows 10. Is there any help out there for me or did I just make a stupid purchase?

Probably the easiest would be to buy an old cheap laptop that you can install Windows 7 or older on and use it as your cutting PC.

Does the cutter have a serial port? If so, option 2 would be to buy a tripp lite usb-2-serial adapter and use the serial port. 

• Like 1