darcshadow

Wrap a full face helmet?

Anyone ever try to wrap a full face helmet? I'm looking at a new lid and the price is great but the graphic is kind of dumb. Was wondering how difficult it'd be to wrap, if it's even possible.

Decals I put on my helmets are pretty small as there's too many different contours to do anything too large, cant imagine trying to do a full wrap.

Although not a full face it gives you an idea of what is involved  

• Like 1

Although not a full face it gives you an idea of what is involved  

Wow thats crazy! Never seen that done.

Hydrodipping is probably the easiest option.

Yeah, kind of figured there was more work then I really want to put into it but figured I'd ask. If I get the lid I'll probably just leave it as is.

That is badass! I want to try that now.

• Like 1

I remember doing specialty vinal on a full face helmet. Not a full wrap, just a large decal on it and it was a pain.

Regular vinyl I think will need to definitely stretch. Thought about trying it on my helmet once I get spare cash to attempt it.

No easy task but I feel that if you can do it, then doing hoods, etc becomes a lot easier

I was gonna say do the "bucket trick" like we use on round mirror caps but looks like dakota beat me to it. 

Hydro dip is crazy cool! However I did watch a guy wrap a full faced helmet at a convention once. He ran the heat gun quite a bit and was not finished with it when I left three hours later. GC was there and he may recall the labor involved.

• Like 1

he playing close with that heat gun between his legs.

I have wrapped a couple of full face helemts.  Its very time consuming.  Pull, heat and set over again. I will not wrap one again.