Sign in to follow this  
TheBroski

Probably Going to Feel Stupid

When I get the answer to this I will likely feel like and idiot, but I have to ask.

I am new to doing vinyl graphics and such. I just got a job doing vinyl decals for a local car dealership. You know the ones on the back of every car they sell. The images are roughly 6" x 2" and 10" x 1". My question is how do I cut these out wasting the least vinyl. They are ordering appx 1200 at a time. 

Thanks in advance for the help

Hey,

We own a car lot also, I'm waiting on my Avery vinyl to come in the cut the small trunk stickers. The Greenstar doesn't seem to do well with the small font. Best of my knowage ( which is limited ) most mast produced stickers that small are die cut . One option to consider is www.signmaster.com they specialize in subcontracting from the small guys. I have never used them but them seem pretty good from what I have read.

In Signblazer Elements you can set your cut to "fill area with copies" within the set cut measurements. Check the "weed all" box and increase the space between cuts.

I did that type of job 1 time and my software allows me to set the copies to fill the space. I don't think I'll ever do it again unless they triple their budget for them because it is a long, tedious job.

I did that type of job 1 time and my software allows me to set the copies to fill the space. I don't think I'll ever do it again unless they triple their budget for them because it is a long, tedious job.

Yup...and it will get longer as the day goes by....

Set-up, cut, weed. tape, cut into individual pieces, package.

Most software will have a "repeat" for multiple copies.

You will save time if they are willing to take them in sheets

with 10 or so per sheet.

Are you charging enough for all that time?

Sue2

• Like 2

You do not state what vinyl cutter you have, but I hope you have one with a lot of memory.  Or you will not be able to cut a lot at one time...If the amount you cut fails, you will have to lower the amount until you find a good number. that works. 

You are posting in the SignCut section so I will assume you have that program?:huh: If so you can just add as many copies as you want like Skeeter said watch your memory. A lot of the budget cutters will glitch out after a few. I used to only get about 8-10 at a time with my P-Cut. If you are doing 1200 I hope the design and/or letters aren't too small or your not going to have a good experience.  No offense but you guys that take on a 1200 piece order and don't even have any idea how to do it never fail to amaze me. 

• Like 2