Sign in to follow this  
DNA_Vinyl

HTV

If someone could be a small design, could I use a flat iron to put it on?

Very small...like a silver dollar small.

Hottest setting, lots of pressure, and move the iron around as the steamer holes will interfere with overall contact. Might also increase time.

It can definitely be done. Reading around, what I found was that the main difference between using an iron and a heat price is quality rather than possibility (This is 1 shirt vs 1 shirt. Speed to make multiple shirts of course is way way quicker on the press than ironing each one if making many.) Not always will it be enough heat transferred across the vinyl evenly or maybe even pressure.

I am trying to figure out how to do HTV for small stuff for myself currently but trying to see what all is needing other than just the vinyl. I think you also need a special type of transfer tape?

I am trying to figure out how to do HTV for small stuff for myself currently but trying to see what all is needing other than just the vinyl. I think you also need a special type of transfer tape?

HTV comes on a sticky plastic backing that acts as your transfer tape. It gets removed after pressing the shirt.

I just did 6 shirts for a friend with an iron. Pocket logos so I was able to "distribute" the heat evenly over the small areas. Did one large t-shirt logo for myself and it was more of a pain. Took alot of moving and pressing but eventually came out and looks good. I wouldn't do a batch order with an iron again though.