Sign in to follow this  
Museumjoel

Cutter Orientation Problem

I have been using a new MH for about a week without serious issues but could not import svg files. I loaded the import plug in and can now import files fine but the cutter orients everything 90 degrees to the feed direction (I get only the ends of signs wide that the cutter track). Changing mat orientation does not change the cutter orientation. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanx

Make sure your cutting mat is larger than your design and not running off the mat.   You are using a windows operating system

correct?

Tech support is open...

Thanks.  I've tried everything with the mat size and orientation. I am using Windows 7. I have tried reinstalling the drivers and the SCAL software. Now the output trough "shows" in the right orientation, but the vinyl skips the first 10". I've tried resetting the Origin and it still skips. It also stops whereever it is at the end of a cut instead of returning to Origin. Perhaps I'm not doing it right but I've been unable to find the manual.

SCALP has a forum at Craftedge.com for the software.    You might even like the free Signblazer better.  It will work with your cutter.

• Like 1