KeithTsr

How to cut a tapered design

I am trying to figure out how to make a tapered cut much like you would see under the wings of one of the Blue Angels Demo Team.  It will say US NAVY starting large at one end smaller at the other.   I have spent several hours trying to figure it out and can't get close.  Thanks!

what software are you using? Nobody can help without better details

He posted this in the Sure Cuts Alot Pro section so I assume that is the software he is using.

I don't know SCALP but I know how to do it in SignBlazer.

We kind of do need to know........at least what version of Scalp, as......

Scalp 3 does not support distortion

Scalp 4 does and the tool for it is down the left side below the "Knife" and above the "Stencil bridge"

I'm sorry I'm using scal pro. I just bought the cutter last week so I am super new to cutting. I am assuming it's the latest software.

Thanks"

"free distort" can be used in Illustrator if you have a friend with it.

I don't think I know anyone that uses illustrator.....i'm an old dog trying to learn a few new tricks. So far I've been able to just keep at it until I find what I'm looking for but I couldn't figure out how to taper. Thanks for trying to help!

"free distort" can be used in Illustrator if you have a friend with it.

Thanks. I am looking to make it go side ways. From left to right bigger to smaller.

Keith

I'm now working on my program which is Sure Cuts A lot 3 Pro.  I have been at it for a while this morning reading, watching videos and can't figure it out. 

I may have to start looking for a different program..........

I'm now working on my program which is Sure Cuts A lot 3 Pro.  I have been at it for a while this morning reading, watching videos and can't figure it out. 

I may have to start looking for a different program..........

A good free option is Inkscape. I don't use it much but it's pretty capable of basic stuff like what you are talking about. I have never been impressed with SCALP.