Sign in to follow this  
MadHatterGraphix

Kinda a crappy day

Well I had an interesting day it started off nice well to a point of nice not like Disney happy movie nice. OK better get back tot he point well I decided the heads on my 7010 needed cleaning due to I haven't really printed much in the last couple of days and it was missing in some areas. Low and behold your basic Epson head cleanings didn't clear it and a full bottle of cleaning fluid which normally does the trick but nothing. So I decided ok I will test one more time and same thing happened. Well I have removed print heads in 2 WF 7510 and once in a R200 so removing and soaking shouldn't be a big deal for me on a 7010 (plus I watch Cobras videos a million times and still watch when I removed this one following step by step). Anyway I remove all the ribbons, and screws and do everything to a T and even U, however when I was about to remove the ribbon to cartridge prongs I noticed it was bent weird, and looking rough. I thought nothing of it and continued on. I soaked the head for 2 hrs and ran cleaner through it and everything looked good when I sprayed the cleaner through with the clog buster syringe Cobra sells. I put it all back together and all the lights started blinking. No matter what I did they blinked, I even inserted actual Epson ink cartridges to see if it that would stop and nothing. So today (Tuesday June 30 2015) My favorite sublimation printer decided to end its career in the field of Sublimation and retire to the parts for sale.  I did order the WF 7101 refurbished through Epson and new cartridges from cobra. However it will take a couple of days to get the printer but I will be back up soon.

• Like 2

Some days I hate dealing with equipment.....

Around here breakdowns usually happen in multiples!

Sue2

Sounds like me fighting this Graphtec I replace the MB and now I've got a bad ribbon cable. It never ends for us.

I know we all have them but it just irritates me when you fix something, other things breaks. Goose your right at least it isn't $1600 sucks. Sue I feel what your saying. ANd Jay why did you have to replace the MB on it what went with the other one? yeah flat ribbon cables can break easily.

Hoping the MB is what went to start with but unfortunately the only way to be certain was to replace it. I'll know in a week or 2 when my ribbon cable make it from Thailand or China, can't remember which.