kkeeble

Settings for Reflective Vinyl

I have a MH-871 -MK2. What do you recommend for settings on the cutter for cutting Oracal Reflective vinyl?

I have a MH-871 -MK2. What do you recommend for settings on the cutter for cutting Oracal Reflective vinyl?

I have not used reflective vinyl in quite a while, I do remember getting the settings right was tricky. I just tested and retested using the test button that cuts out the little star and adjusted till i got it right. 

For the economy grade Oracal 5300 you will just want to give it a bit more blade than you do cast or calendered vinyl, shouldn't need to change the pressure or speed settings.

I use the same setting for reflective as I do when cutting chrome or wrap grade (air release) vinyl. I have a PCUT so wont share my settings since they are different. Just load and test cut until you find the right settings and cut pressure. 

After a few try's i finally figure out the settings...here they are:

65 degree blade, Cut Speed 600mm/s, Cut Force 160g

hope this help someone else in the future,,

You'll probably want to order new blades if you don't already have some in stock - reflective eats up cheap blades like I eat M&M's.... nom, nom, nom... #ThisIsWhyI'mFat...

• Like 1