Sign in to follow this  
tgbvinyl

Question on the easiest way to do this.

I've made this after a few failed attempts now I'm just looking for the easiest way to make the white background that the forward orange text sicks on. 

Thans :) 

post-24081-0-27048500-1435604402_thumb.j

I am having some difficulty understanding the difficulty. Are you trying to find an easier way to align the two together or just the cutting itself? Sorry for my misunderstanding.

I have adobe illustrator and flexi sign for cutting software I am looking for the easiest way to draw up the design, I've been doing an outline of the text then filling in the outline in so I get the solid color.  The aligning part comes easier with practice...

You should convert the text to outlines if you hadn't already (Type>Create outlines) then I recommend that you turn the whole set of letters into one object by the following: Object>Compound Path>Make, then after this go to Object>Path>Offset Path and AI will pull up a submenu and let you offset the path to the desired width. If you have a fairly new version it will let you preview the results and adjust until it is what you are looking for. The offset path should be placed behind the original and ready to go but will be the same color initially so after the operation while the new path is still selected you can click a different color. You can use a stroke and expand the appearance but for what you are needing the previous is the preferred method. There are short-cut key strokes for just about every move which are listed along side them in the pull down menus, I recommend committing the common ones to memory as it will save tons of time. 

You should convert the text to outlines if you hadn't already (Type>Create outlines) then I recommend that you turn the whole set of letters into one object by the following: Object>Compound Path>Make, then after this go to Object>Path>Offset Path and AI will pull up a submenu and let you offset the path to the desired width. If you have a fairly new version it will let you preview the results and adjust until it is what you are looking for. The offset path should be placed behind the original and ready to go but will be the same color initially so after the operation while the new path is still selected you can click a different color. You can use a stroke and expand the appearance but for what you are needing the previous is the preferred method. There are short-cut key strokes for just about every move which are listed along side them in the pull down menus, I recommend committing the common ones to memory as it will save tons of time. 

THANKS! I will try it in the morning.   

**EDIT:  IT WORKS WONDRFULLY! Now I just need to layer it without messing up.