KYSIGN

Avoid clipartandfonts.com

Avoid clipartandfonts.com vector packs. The images are low quality auto traces with overlaps, uneven lines and jagged edges. It is absolute garbage and is not cut ready as described. I was unable to find any reviews online and instead trusted the feedback score and reviews they had on the big auction site. Either those are bogus reviews or we have a lot of clueless people with cutters. I was able to get a refund but the seller was rude and insinuated I was a thief who ordered with the intention of getting a refund. I hope others find this post helpful in the future. I am posting an example image for visual clarification.

post-35520-0-92625600-1435479610_thumb.g

Their MegaVault collection contains about 35-thousand designs.

It cost me around $50 for a ten-DVD set.

Are all the vectors perfect? No, as you discovered.

I've run into what you describe, but with some node-editing, it's fixable.

Is it worth $5 for each DVD? Yeah, for me it is, because when I'm looking for an item, it's right there to grab (Horses, Fairies, Dolphins, Sharks, Skulls, Flames, Trucks, Cars, Tribal artwork, Lizards, Turtles, Stick figures, etc etc).

I just completed a sign from their SWAPMEET section --- it imported and cut fine, and I made $60 for the few minutes' work.

(SWAPMEET contains all sorts of clever lighthearted sayings, which are kinda cute in a redneck sorta way)

swap2-3.gif

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed.

By the way, yes, there ARE a lot of clueless people with cutters.

Unquestionably.

Yeah I have to agree I have many and there is even some copyright stuff there so be aware and try to stay away from it but all in all its a good deal just the same for a little work ...

• Like 1

If your not liking what they are selling, sounds like you need to break out the tracing tools then.

If your not liking what they are selling, sounds like you need to break out the tracing tools then.

I think they are selling garbage auto traced images under false description. They clearly advertise "Every vector image is composed of perfect, closed vector paths. None of the paths cross or intersect, and all paths are on the same, single layer. Cut Ready Clipart will cut and weed perfectly in vinyl" "Perfect results first time... Every time.".

I am warning others who might be tempted to spend money on such garbage. A simple thank you would suffice.

Thank you for stating your opinion.

Many of us have bought their packages and are quite happy with them.   They offer numerous free download packages that let you try before you buy, so there is no reason to be surprised.

My biggest issues with them are the inclusion of hundreds of copyrighted/trademarked images/logos without an explanation that clearly states "YOU CAN'T LEGALLY CUT AND SELL THESE DESIGNS!", and the immense amount of duplication between groups.   My other complaint is their PDF catalogs use tiny thumbnail images that remind me of the old 1980's Print Shop software - you can't hardly tell what each individual design is - thankfully I have Adobe Bridge to let me preview my vector artwork and produce printed catalogs with images bigger than postage stamps...

I have not had ANY issues with not being able to successfully cut any of their designs that I tried.   I still continue to encourage people in need of a lot of clip art for little money to buy their products.

• Like 1

Many of us have bought their packages and are quite happy with them.   They offer numerous free download packages that let you try before you buy, so there is no reason to be surprised.

My biggest issues with them are the inclusion of hundreds of copyrighted/trademarked images/logos without an explanation that clearly states "YOU CAN'T LEGALLY CUT AND SELL THESE DESIGNS!", and the immense amount of duplication between groups.   My other complaint is their PDF catalogs use tiny thumbnail images that remind me of the old 1980's Print Shop software - you can't hardly tell what each individual design is - thankfully I have Adobe Bridge to let me preview my vector artwork and produce printed catalogs with images bigger than postage stamps...

I have not had ANY issues with not being able to successfully cut any of their designs that I tried.   I still continue to encourage people in need of a lot of clip art for little money to buy their products.

I purchased from the auction site so no samples were shown but I got a link to the site after purchase. I'm going to say that quantity does not equal quality. You may get a lot of clip art but it is not as good/cut ready as they describe. Open angel (15) and look at all the overlapping curves at the bottom left, bottom right and base of the arrow head. It is the equivalent of cutting a script font without welding first. Open the free HRO3 (5) and zoom in on the soldier and look at the jagged edges. Would you cut and sell that to a customer as is? I wouldn't. How many other designs have similar problems? It is not as advertised and buyer beware. Definitely download a sample before buying and If you still want it don't pay anywhere near full price.

There are many that need fixed..Node edit, over laps. Many are poorly traced...  in every category.. I have learned to zoom them all up big in wire frame and look them over good before I cut them.. Or they will bite you in the A$$...  I do know from experience,  I have many that I have fixed over the years.  I actually have a folder of FIXED designs. He used to do better work. IMO.. I think his new buyers are just looking at the jpeg, glancing thru it, and think it looks good, but until you put that image on wire frame and zoom it up good,  you can't really see what a mess it is. And bet many are new to vinyl and vectors.    But like Slice said, for $5 a disc, still worth the money.   Just takes some time to fix them..

I am not at home, but if it is the same soldier as in Hero 3/23,  (soldier kneeling with the rifle),, that soldier is jagged as heck. all over. .  I had to fix it.

• Like 2

I have his mega Vault. For the $$ I would purchase it again but it is not all that. I can 2nd the swapmeet disc,  I have pulled out many handy images from those, but never used a complete one.

On a side note a couple weeks back he stiffed me $$ for a vectoring fee that he said he emailed out. After repeated emails over a week period I finally caught him off guard on his phone while driving. He remembered drawing it, claimed he sent it out and said he would resend a copy that evening. 3 more attempted emails and 3 more voice mails I gave up and cut my loss. PayPal will not take the dispute because it is a "digital service".

I have never heard any complaints about the work from signtorch, on the other hand I have the pile of clipart and fonts discs and well...

Have you ever ordered any of the bundles?  Looks pretty good

I have never ordered a bundle but have purchased at least one of his and it's beautiful work. I generally draw my own but every once in a while I'm lacking motivation. 

I have most of his and have never had a problem with any of them.

Have you ever ordered any of the bundles?  Looks pretty good

I have 1 disc, that I bought when they sold on Ebay.. 

I got the complete set all of the CD's from the website I took all the PDF files and made a catalog and went to staple's and had them all printed think it was 630+ pages and most if not all the thumbnails are clear to see what they are. I don't know if maybe he updated them or not but mine seem fine.

I did need to edit most of the files I used but was not to big of a deal. There is a lot of duplicates between all that CD's. 

I got the complete set all of the CD's from the website I took all the PDF files and made a catalog and went to staple's and had them all printed think it was 630+ pages and most if not all the thumbnails are clear to see what they are. I don't know if maybe he updated them or not but mine seem fine.

I did need to edit most of the files I used but was not to big of a deal. There is a lot of duplicates between all that CD's. 

I expected high quality ready to cut designs as advertised. I didn't expect almost ready to cut auto traced designs that need editing. I guess for the right price the package may be worth it to some but I'm just not one of those people.

I normally just make anything I need myself but I have purchased several packages over the years. I have several DVDs from Clipart DeSIGN that are fantastic. I have the Ultimate Ornaments MEGA PACK that uscutter sells and it is pretty good. It has some designs that I would never attempt to cut because the intricate weeding would be a chore. As the name implies it is mainly ornaments/decorations. It's on sale right now for $99.99. http://www.uscutter.com/Ultimate-Ornaments-MEGA-PACK

Be sure to scroll down in the description for a link to a sample download.

I expected high quality ready to cut designs as advertised. I didn't expect almost ready to cut auto traced designs that need editing. I guess for the right price the package may be worth it to some but I'm just not one of those people.

I normally just make anything I need myself but I have purchased several packages over the years. I have several DVDs from Clipart DeSIGN that are fantastic. I have the Ultimate Ornaments MEGA PACK that uscutter sells and it is pretty good. It has some designs that I would never attempt to cut because the intricate weeding would be a chore. As the name implies it is mainly ornaments/decorations. It's on sale right now for $99.99. http://www.uscutter.com/Ultimate-Ornaments-MEGA-PACK'>http://www.uscutter.com/Ultimate-Ornaments-MEGA-PACK

Be sure to scroll down in the description for a link to a sample download.

I completely agree it says all vector graphics are cut ready so they should be.

Even though I got all the collections I still find myself making my own cause I don't realize that I already have what I needed.

I have his mega Vault. For the $$ I would purchase it again but it is not all that. I can 2nd the swapmeet disc,  I have pulled out many handy images from those, but never used a complete one.

On a side note a couple weeks back he stiffed me $$ for a vectoring fee that he said he emailed out. After repeated emails over a week period I finally caught him off guard on his phone while driving. He remembered drawing it, claimed he sent it out and said he would resend a copy that evening. 3 more attempted emails and 3 more voice mails I gave up and cut my loss. PayPal will not take the dispute because it is a "digital service".

Paypal has changed their rules today,   July1, 2015, and do dispute digital.  I don't know if that means you can go back, past July 1st on transactions or not.  but worth a shot.

PayPal Extends Buyer Protection to Intangible Goods Today

PayPal reminded users today that it is extending its buyer protection to intangible goods, including digital goods, digital music, digital books, digital games, travel tickets and software downloads.

The extended program, which started today, July 1, expands our Buyer Protection program to include fraud protection and dispute resolution for intangible goods or services. That means customers can receive credit or a refund after using PayPal to buy an intangible product or service that doesn't get delivered or turns out to be significantly different than the item's description if it meets our eligibility requirements.

• Like 6

I had to drive to town today to file a report against this guy. I have not been in contact with him since the purchase and yesterday he sent me threats on FB messenger. He claims I am contacting his customers via email and he threatened to come to my address If I don't stop. I explained that I have no idea who his customers are and I don't have access to their information. I can't really stop the emails if I'm not the one sending them. I also called the big auction site and filed a complaint. They were not happy about his external contact or the fact that his products are listed as shipping from Florida but are actually shipping from Kentucky.

A few discs are also numbered incorrectly but I have every image/font on the site and am not unhappy with my purchase.  Yes I need to fix some of them but its easier and cheaper than hunting the net for every little thing or drawing it myself.

They are nice to have around in a pinch. 

• Like 1

My issue is did you buy a mechanics special needing repair or a ready to run setup? I thought ready to run until I started messing with them.

• Like 1

Yes, I know. This is an old thread, but just dealt with this guy.

Ordered a bundle to be downloaded.

Made an offer and he accepted. Payed with PayPal and got the download link in a couple of hours.

All cool, the link was to something I did not want, did not order and never will. Nothing to do with what I ordered!

All emails have been ignored and calls are not answered, or messages returned.

Waiting for a complaint through PayPal and hope to get my money back.

I know some have been happy with some of the stuff, and happy for you. But for me, NEVER AGAIN.

• Like 1