IBprint

Keep getting Mark scan error!

Could someone PLEASE tell me what the hell is going wrong (screenshots included)

Im using the Graphtec CE-6000 with the latest cutting master 3 illustrator plugin

It doesnt mather what i do it keeps saying mark scan error. destination area is out of range.

Everything is loaded correctly. the registration marks are set on 4 and type 2.

Ive fooled around with the distance to the illustration (0,8 to 2,5).

This is not the first time it just keeps scanning in the 1st little corner and not doing anything else.

What causes this?! i hope someone knows!

post-90836-0-41996700-1435424471_thumb.p

post-90836-0-97538000-1435424473_thumb.p

The pinch rollers have to be outside the marks. I have to use a carrier sheet to have any luck. I then select sheet from the cutter menu and then once material is measured I send cut lines. The first registration mark may fail. Just select try again on the cutter and use the arrow keys to position the blade holder over the first mark and press enter.

KYsign is correct. you need a good few inches of blank material around all the marks- especially for the front and rear media sensors if you load as sheet. Also try using Type 1.

Also, when you load the sheet, press setting 3 to measure the paper. Mine always gave me that error until I did that and now I never get the error. Also be sure to have more then enough material on the front and rear as Jburns stated.

Make sure the cutter is set to GP-GL and not HP-GL. Turn the registration mark thickness up as high as it will go too.

For some reason it didnt post my reply i see. Thanks for the quik replies all.

I must admit i already did try all the above, but ill keep on messing around.

Thanks again! and any more replies are of course welcome.

I just noticed the rectangular cut path that is touching your registration marks. That could be the issue but I'm not sure.

Hello, I am very new to graphtec (fc8600). Having INSANE issues just like OP.

I just read somewhere that graphtec has a hard time picking up registration marks on with glossy lamintates.

They suggested using a matte tape to cover the registration marks. Haven't had a chance to try it personally... but could help?

I know this post is 2 years old, but I was running into this issue with 3M gloss laminate and I found a workaround, so I thought I would share. My Sensor levels were at the recommended 70 and 80. I went into the menu>ARMS> pushed the ^ until I saw sensor levels, maxed them out at 80 and 90, and then set them. Then I went back in and set them back to the optimal 70 and 80, and it reads like normal again. Just thought I would share what I did to get around this issue in hopes that it helps someone else. I was ready to set the plotter on fire there for a minute.

Hi, I just sign up to share that the WrapWorxTx solution

Work perfect for me, the only difference was that I had the sensors levels at 30 and 80 so I change to 70 and 80 press enter to save and restart the cutter and then nothing happen so I change to 80 and 90 press enter to save again, restart and one more time to 70 and 80 but this time without restarting!! and cut perfect. thanks

It’s kind of amusing that 3 years later I was throwing a weird scan error and ended up back here!

My solution to mark scans is a bit different and thought I would share. I always load material and select option two when loading. This loads the material however doesn’t go to the edge like option one... only way I’ve ever been able to get cutting to work.

Hi sorry if this has been asked before but I have just got a graphtec ce6000-40 and have been playing around with it trying to make an Xbox one skin for my kids, but no matter what i do I cannot get the registration marks to register. I have tried with about 7 different printouts but none will register.  First I thought I wasn’t leaving enough of a blank area on the outside so I made the marks sit closer to my cut lines to leave more white area on the outside. Then I thought it could be that I have laminated over the registration  marks on the vinyl so I just laminated inside the registration marks but still no luck. can laminating over the reg marks affect them?  I’m using Corel draw and cutting master 3 to create registration marks. The cutter seems to look for the registration mark at the very edge of the vinyl media sheet where I have put the cross please see pictures.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I’m very new to using this software/cutter. Please can someone tell me if I have left enough room on the outside for the registration marks. I have left 18mm from either side of the material and 60mm on the ends. One last question can the registration marks go really close to the printed area or is it best to have a lot of room all around the reg marks.

any help would be appreciated thanks in advance 

9100E377-789D-432E-89F4-7CDDC5A37636.jpeg

E33AFBAC-023E-4364-A488-FA796FD49FB0.jpeg

Hi, this post had been for many years but I think I might shared my two cents on the ARMS.

I facing the same problem on and off, sometime it would read but sometime it won't. Oh, btw I am using CE6000-60 series.

The only thing that I would do when the cutter wouldn't read my registration marks, I will find a piece of clothes and try to clean the censor. Then it will work, but 1 question is, how do we take the censor out to clean it thoroughly.

Thanks, just my 2 cents