Hi Guys,

I apologize posting here as I could not figure out where to post this question.  Please tell me where I should post this question.  

I have a TC Series uscutter that I have been using for about 2 years now.  

I reconfigured my room setup and needed a longer cable.  

I purchased from amazon the following cable: Mediabridge USB 2.0 - A Male to B Male Cable (16 Feet) - High-Speed with Gold-Plated Connectors - Black

I am having issues when I attempt to replace the current one with this one.  I get the error 'usb device not recognized'.  

I attempted rebooting, re-installing the driver, and re-configuring the port.  I can unplug it and plug in the old one and it configures the port correctly and works fine with the old (shorter) cable.  However, every time I attempt to plug in the new longer cable I get the "usb device not recognized' error. Has anyone experienced the same problem?

thank you.

I tried a different longer 16 ft  USB cable with my Graphtec a few months ago....It started stopping in the middle of a cut after that.  I went back to the shorter 12ft USB cable, and no more problems.. I am using an older 2006 Toshiba XP Laptop..  

Stay with the shorter USB cable, if it worked fine.

Some computers have just enough power to make it work like mine. I have an 18ft USB extension cable and my computer can make it print but if its more than one sticker or something, itll stop. What you have to do is get a USB.... (Name just left my head... one sec...) USB Hub. there we go. That has an external power supply so the information can make it.

Hope this helps.

USB3 might be better as USB3 can provide more power. 900 MA vs 500MA from USB2.

Alternatively, I can recommend a self powered cable like this one from monoprice.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=103&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030301&p_id=7643&seq=1&format=2

I have run into cutters that do not like being plugged into usb 3.0 not all but some.

Make sure the USB cable is not anywhere near any power cables. As cables get longer you tend to be more susceptible to external noise issues and power cables seem to be the biggest culprit. 

You can purchase a powered usb cable port as well. pretty cheap and it will keep the power perfect at long lengths.

From my understanding of USB, the maximum length of transmisson is 5 meters (or about 16 feet and 5 inches).

Since this is a Male-Male, that indicates you are using this cable in conjunction with the other cable (added to it), so you will be exceeding that technical limit.

Thank you all for the responses.  I already had a powered usb hub and didn't think to use it.  I plugged it into that, reconfigured and voilia it works.  Thanks for the help!!!  Now, fingers crossed it cuts accurately...