Sign in to follow this  
OWJones

Generic Ricoh Ink?

Someone on one of the Facebook groups said they ordered some generic sublimation ink for a Ricoh printer from China.   Only $135 for a set of cartridges, vs. $325 for a set of OEM originals...   Anyone ever heard of anyone trying these to know if they work?

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6743353801.html?orderId=67855382494892

With the cost of the printer I don't think I will go cheap on the inks. If it was a $50 - $100 printer it might be worth the risk.

• Like 2

I know people that use generic ink in their rolands - I tried on my first one and won't use anything but oem now - it's a choice we make

• Like 1

The person who said they ordered it - got it -and posted a picture of their results

She didn't make the transfer wide enough for the ribbon, but I think it looks pretty good otherwise.

post-24492-0-45252500-1435707937_thumb.j

The person who said they ordered it - got it -and posted a picture of their results

She didn't make the transfer wide enough for the ribbon, but I think it looks pretty good otherwise.

I believe it will work but want to check back with them in say 6 months on clogging issues before I even would consider it.  a epson with new ink works great, but  . . .  

• Like 1