mrfibble

Laser point 2 question............

im going to try and talk work into buying one ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and please dont say get an X thats more expensive as thats not really an option ..............

any real downsides to a LP2 in terms of operation  ?

ill be using SCAL  as thats what I used on my Cameo

Cheers 

David C

Downsides, compared to what?  A more expensive cutter?

The most obvious downside is that is comes with a stepper motor as opposed to a digital servo motor. The latter is more accurate, quieter, and precise.

Also, it is probable that the machine will die sooner than a Roland, Graphtec, or Summa. What is guaranteed is that it comes with a 1 year warranty backed by good for the price service.

The LP2 is a good machine for the cost.

• Like 1

yeah  id love a "good" but   just dont have the readies 

noise isnt an issue as its just me the wife and too many cats   and i tend to cut in the morning once she has left for work    

I guess instead of increasing colour selection  ill they monies from decal sales at my mates comic shop into a piggy bank in the hopes of getting a Roland or GraphTec one day.....

thanks for the reply 

David C

I've only had my LP2 for a short time now....The only complaint I have is it kind of freezes up in the middle of larger cuts some times.....And yes I'm using a keyspan adapter..By larger I'm talking 24 X 72 banners...But for small quick stuff it works great and cuts very accurate...

I've only had my LP2 for a short time now....The only complaint I have is it kind of freezes up in the middle of larger cuts some times.....And yes I'm using a keyspan adapter..By larger I'm talking 24 X 72 banners...But for small quick stuff it works great and cuts very accurate...

I've done 12' signs with mine no problem and no keyspan then I loaned it to another shop and they couldn't cut 2' without problems. A keyspan adapter fixed the problem but it made me realize it's not just the cutter and sometimes the computer aids in the problem.

• Like 1

I've had mine about 8 months, it's the 50" model.  I've cut high temp, glitter, metallic and regular 651 vinyl on mine on almost a daily basis ever since and only problem I've had was the z axis on the carriage.  Was a easy fix and not very expensive.