mrfibble

Well Crap :(

time to order that new one you have been saving profits for - sorry to hear about it dying though.   maybe parts can be replaced to get you going again?:huh:??

When my MH died I bought a Graphtec.  I didn't want to spend that much money but it was the best thing I could of done.  

Works perfectly every time saving time and materials.

Just saying....... 

• Like 1

Dave, while you are understandably upset, maybe take a step back and evaluate the severity of the crash.

Would you simply replace your car when it has a mechanical malfunction?

Or deal with the problem and get it going again by merely replacing a part?

(This just happened to me, as I needed a new alternator --  I would not have even THOUGHT of towing the dead car to a dealer and trading it in for a new one)

Anyway, you get my point.

What cutter? How did it fail? What happened?

Dave, while you are understandably upset, maybe take a step back and evaluate the severity of the crash.

Would you simply replace your car when it has a mechanical malfunction?

Or deal with the problem and get it going again by merely replacing a part?

(This just happened to me, as I needed a new alternator --  I would not have even THOUGHT of towing the dead car to a dealer and trading it in for a new one)

Anyway, you get my point.

What cutter? How did it fail? What happened?

i have a 20000 beetle for sale for ya slice. Put about $9 k in it in the 1.5 years we have had it and done messing. $3500 and it's yours lol

i have a 20000 beetle for sale for ya slice. Put about $9 k in it in the 1.5 years we have had it and done messing. $3500 and it's yours lol

I would prefer this 1964 model bug.  Bidding is up to $13,000. (BIN asking price is $20,000)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volkswagen-Beetle-Classic-type-1-/151714681677

Anyway, throughout the years we've all done plenty of troubleshooting in the Forum and gotten cutters that 'died' back to life.

That's why I posed the following questions --  "What cutter? How did it fail? What happened?"

David C. is welcome to reply and maybe, just maybe, get out of the jam he's in, without buying a new cutter.

past comments he was cutting with  "12 Silhouette machine for about 6 months"    and was looking for a new cutter back on June 5th..

• Like 1

Fixing it   is probably not going to work     we took it apart  and while all the gears seem ok   its not pressing down on the vinyl to cut  and even though the motors all seem ok its making a horrible grinding noise and doing random cuts 

I had a Silhouette Cameo   so ill probably be getting another   as its all I can afford atm     just still trying to see if the new version still works with SCAL3 ( which I use) 

David C

ADDED>>>>>>

will try and see if I can talk work into buying a Laser Point 2 (24") Tuesday    ............

Sorry to hear about your cutter.  Just FYI, if you are interested, i have a this cutter SC24 with a stand i can make you a very fair deal on.  It was the first cutter i bought from US Cutter, and have since bought a Graphtec.  Only used it for a few months and very light at that.  PM me if you are interested, hopefully shipping wont kill it, but we can price costs.

If you need anything done asap im not too far from you, my work is even closer (Fenton), would be happy to cut some stuff for you.

• Like 2

i would go with a USC cutter over another silhouette. More versatility in file types i believe.

• Like 1

Wife went ahead and got me another cameo.....I'll test it out tonight.....

David C