Sign in to follow this  
tattooortiz

Video Review of the Titan 3 vinyl cutter! Yes now you can see a review!

So this thread is as simple as the title! Check out the review and get to see and hear the Titan 3 running.

not bad - only 2 things that really stood out is the part where you describe the carriage as the servo motor (servo motor is inside of the machine) and when you describe the vinyl in the "printer"  instead of plotter or cutter

What is the tapping noise while it is cutting?   Is that the blade holder coming down on the vinyl?  Both videos I could hear the tapping noise while it was cutting..  Just curious.

I agree,  you are showing using the buttons to go left and right and you are saying the "MOTOR" is going Left and right.  That is the carriage head moving left and right.   The servo motor is inside the machine.  

What is the smallest width of scrap you can cut, without a carrier mat?   Say  I have a 2" wide x 70" long piece of scrap vinyl... Can you cut it with the 2" width in the cutter, cutting vertical.?

not bad - only 2 things that really stood out is the part where you describe the carriage as the servo motor (servo motor is inside of the machine) and when you describe the vinyl in the "printer"  instead of plotter or cutter

ah...you are right sir :), thanks

What is the smallest width of scrap you can cut, without a carrier mat?   Say  I have a 2" wide x 70" long piece of scrap vinyl... Can you cut it with the 2" width in the cutter, cutting vertical.?

Wow I hadn't even noticed the spacing on the pinch rollers. That looks like there is no option for small material. I use tons of scraps especially with HTV. Now that I have watched this again why the heck do they have so many pinch rollers on a 24" machine? I would think it would be a little hard on the roller itself being down on the grit when the vinyl is only over on the other side. Can you leave a few up? That's a little weird. I still have to hand it to the thing for quiet. My Summa is quiet compared to my old P-Cut but I don't think it's that quiet. 

• Like 1

I also looked at the specs for the machine, It does not say how small of width it can cut..Most higher end machines do. . I use tons of scrap also.    I can put my 2  pinch rollers side by side on the grit roller and cut a 2" wide piece of vinyl.. I piece wide enough for 2 pinch rollers.   I also noticed why so many pinch rollers.....My Graphtec is 30" wide and only has  2 pinch rollers and tracks great..  The vacuum is supposed to hold the vinyl down while cutting...So I don't understand why so many pinch rollers.  If a 30" cutter can only use 2 pinch rollers.. The Titan3 is on overkill. and more chances to bunch up while cutting.   I sure would hope that the middle pinch rollers could be raised and out of the way...

• Like 2

if I recall correctly the right two positions for the vinyl are about 4" apart so not too bad for scraps

The first thing I noticed was your vinyl storage racks. You shouldn't have the vinyl resting on anything.

• Like 2

I too can cut about 2" wide stuff with my SC cutter.... 

I could also cut it with my Seiki,  It has a solid long grit roller.