kswqte

Cursive Font - Weld or Union - but missing center of certain letters

I am using a cursive font (Damion) and I have tried the Weld and Path Union function.  My issue is with the letters e, o & b it is showing it will not cut the center of those letters.  How do I fix this?

• Like 1

I don't know much about SCALP, sorry. I am sure someone will be able to help you with it shortly.

• Like 1

HUH!   I must have the better software, I just hit union and as it shows the middles would be cut.

post-36365-0-24347700-1434600551_thumb.j

• Like 1

I think I know the problem but I don't know what it is called in SCALP. I think you need to join the letter and it's inner part together before welding. Maybe by using that Path Union thing? Can you select the "o" and it's inner circle, do Path Union with the two of them, then weld?

That's how Graphtec Studio works, but it's called creating a compound path. It might be called something different in SCALP, but I think you need to do what's in this picture.

post-29371-0-81031300-1434604111_thumb.j

I think Jmas is correct , you have to group everything together befor you hit union.....Make sure everything is selected and hit group.....Then select everything again and hit union....If that doesn't work select the words and select merge.....I'm not at my computer but I'm pretty sure one of those will get it...

In scalp just type it, go to path and hit union, that's it. That's all I did and as you can see (in my post above) it's the way it should be.

• Like 1

Combine is what Corel would call it, in Flexi it would be called Compound, in SCALP I've no clue.

It worked like jmas said , i have scalp4  and was curios on that, i use ai now and only use scalps for the cutting .. 

And 30-284 is correct as well .. scalps lags a lot when it goes to do certain things , i also tested what he said and i have a fast pc and it took about 5 secs for it to complete it as you need ..

Thanks Everybody - I will try this when I get home.  By the time I get home my brain is about 97% fried from work and then I try to work on a software program that is absolutely new to me.  But I am getting there.

And as Usual mark-s is so very helpful (not).  

• Like 1

Thanks Everybody - I will try this when I get home.  By the time I get home my brain is about 97% fried from work and then I try to work on a software program that is absolutely new to me.  But I am getting there.

And as Usual mark-s is so very helpful (not).  

umm  lol  nevermind . ding ding the gloves go on.. round 1 lol

FYI - Got it fixed.  Had to merge the letters.  Must of Broken them apart in the beginning.  All is fixed and it looks great.  Thank you for all your help!!!

• Like 2

so you didn't need better software after all? Now how about that.

• Like 3