Sign in to follow this  
protek

New prob, Cutter STOPS!

While I appreciate all of you trying to help me, I have another problem. If you look at my post history, it is all problem related.

It has to be the machine. I have four computers on this network and get the same results from all four and achieve no satisfactory results with either flexi or SB.

Now my pcut just plain comes to a stop. It just stops and says "waiting". Sometimes it even leaves a huge diagonal score all the way across the design than stops! the blade is still down and I have to shut the machine off and try again. I try again and 3/4 ways thru the design ... you guessed it, it STOPS. Blade down and "waiting" on the screen with a useless keypad.

What do I do now? as I mentioned in my other posts, if I send this whole thing back I will eat it on shipping from ebay and also paying to send it back. That is about $150 out of pocket down the drain because US Cutter will no refund any shipping. I am already losing money because I had to cancel jobs that my smaller machine can't handle.

As I said, I appreciate the forum help but my patience has worn thin and frustration is building.

What do I have to do to get this thing to work?

Thank you,

Paul

Have you sent kenimes a PM with your phone number? If you do he can call you and figure out whats going on.

Protek mine is the exact same sometime it cuts a 5 min job in 5 mins other times it could take 5 hours to do a

5 min job been there and got the T-Shirt m  Last week i couldn't even  advance the vinyl without it

crapping out, people have replace the mother board and the same  I was offered to send it back but 150 shipping is to expensive

and I was offered to send back the motherboard  but i am in Newfoundland canada , If it was  a garautee fix I wouldn't mind but

it is just drawing at straws no one seems to know what is going on witht hese things

I know from experience though that these guys (Ken and Crew) have been working really hard (including extra hours) on this problem.  Just an FYI for anyone else reading this thread that doesnt know whats going on.

Signman, I gave Tykite my number. If he can help me fix this, I will pass it on to you whatever steps we take. :)

Also, I must apologise to Ken, the admins and members for my posts. Sometimes I can be a real hot head. After a week of this I just blew a gasket last night and expressed it in an Email to Ken and a post in this thread.

Respectfully submitted,

Paul

It is no problem, and I could certainly understand your frustration. We have sold a few thousand of these machines, and only a few dozen are experiencing this problem. We are working with the cutter manufacturer and software manufacturer to try and nail down the cause of the issue. Seems it happens mostly using the USB connection, but I have seen it happen using the serial connection as well. Either Brad or myself will give you a ring to see if we can come up with some kind of temporary solution. I am having problems recreating the issue here on my tech bench with machines that were sent back having this problem, so it very well might be related to particular internal hardware or installed software on certain computer systems, and these are the hardest issues to troubleshoot.

I found the FIX guys! Look at my post called fix #2.

Lets hope this works for other. It should as long as they follow the instruction it will.

Something overlooked by users such as myself.

Now lets talk about my new salary Ken.  :) JK.

Paul

I found the FIX guys! Look at my post called fix #2.

Lets hope this works for other. It should as long as they follow the instruction it will.

Something overlooked by users such as myself.

Now lets talk about my new salary Ken.  ;) JK.

Paul

;)

I can hardly afford to pay attention......but would be happy to buy you a beer if you ever make it up to Seattle. Maybe even could swing some Mariners tickets.