Hello, I'm looking for some info, by reading some of the other threads I'm sure I'll get the right answer.

I have a CE 6000-60 plotter, I stared getting error messages all of the sudden. I can usual get 3-4 jobs cut before they start. E01009 illegal hardware code, E01006 hardware address load error, E03001 HPGL error 1 instructions not recognized, E03002 HPGL error 2 wrong number of parameters.

They come in on the plotter in any order. I use Gerber 5.0 software. I've tried reinstalling everything, firmware updates, I just don't know what's up with it. I'm really not educated on plotters and settings. I use it for work cutting basic letters to identify equipment.

It's out of warranty and figured I'd start here before I find a service dealer.

I done a reset several times, also delete plotter and reinstalled from PC.

The 009,006 say motherboard

The 001,002 HP-GL codes ( I really don't understand what they mean)

• Like 1

When do the codes go away so that you can cut again?    Also have you tried a different cutting software?    I don't know anything about Gerber..

You could try the FREE Signblazer..    Several use it with their Graphtecs...   I always turn my cutter off and back on between cuts, so as to delete the last order.

[personally I am surprised the Gerber software worked at all without a Gerber plotter hooked up - it is pretty propitiatory I thought - never had one though

Wondering..  Does he have a Gerber Tempo  with  Gerber Omega software?    Gerber Tempo   is rebranded Graphtec.  and comes with Gerber Omega. software.

• Like 1

The HPGL codes go away after I press enter, I can cut several times then I'll get one back in. The hardware errors latch and I have to shut the machine off to clear.

The software is Gerber Omega 5.0. The plotter has worked flawlessly for 2 years, I have another setup running the same type plotter and type software with no issues on it. Just one machine giving me problems.

As far as shutting it off between jobs, I've never had to do that, but I only cutting basic lettering nothin fancy or design related.

I did try switching to GPL from Auto and it still errors.

I looked on Graphtec site and Montroy Supply in Santa Ana, Ca is a authorized repair center. I have an account with them, so I'll call Monday to see about service. I'll post an update when I know more. Thanks for the help.

I also am surprised gerber 5.0 has drivers for that plotter. I think the machine came with its own simple software--Graphtec Studio Design.

I would try running tests on it and see if you get the same errors-- same errors then its the plotter or com ports.

Stupid question,

Did you try to swap USB cables? Sometimes the simplest solution is the right one ^_^

USB was changed first.

The Gerber software actually has pre installed plotters you can chose from. I only added the updated driver from Graphtec after I started having issues.

It's going out to the vendor Thursday for inspection and repair.

Well the Pinhead was replaced but still having issues, a tech coming out tomorrow to try and figure it out.

I'm soooo tempted to make a snarky comment but I'll refrain. LOL

• Like 2

I just have to schedule him out, my schedule has been crazy. Turning it off after every job helps. Eventually it will stop working. I still think MB needs replacing.

• Like 1

Tmalone26- any luck on replacing main board? I have the same prob thinking of ordering a new board and replacing it myself. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Slosh3000 said:

Tmalone26- any luck on replacing main board? I have the same prob thinking of ordering a new board and replacing it myself. Thanks!

this could take a minute

last time he visited  July 18, 2015