gcextreme

DogTags

Got some dogtag blanks from CoastalBusiness...its the 2 sided white tags...

never done these before..could use some advice on time/temp..

and these tags have a clear coating on them, it can peel off...im guessing i need to remove that before pressing?

LOL never mind, found some instructions on their website...wonder how accurate they are.

• Check for protective plastic film before pressing
  • Print image in reverse
  • Position product face down in heat press
  • Temperature: 400 F
  • Time: 55 seconds
  • Pressure: Light/Medium
  • Remove paper immediately 

Yes remove it 400 degrees I do one minute med pressure tape your tag to the image

post-2057-0-39743200-1434128273_thumb.jp

post-2057-0-20468600-1434128311_thumb.jp

I do both sides at once most times but I do them for 120 because they never seem to heat the back side at 60 but that's just my personal preference.

How do u do both sides at once. i have that aluminum jig, and the big block it came with. 

I have a clamshell press, and cant use that thick block, i cant adjust my pressure to accommodate it.

i have been pressing one side, then the other side. 

20150808_172602_zps5jjnapq7.jpg

I don't have the jig but I do mine for 120 seconds and it heats them all the way to the back print.

Are you still doing website work?

Yes some.....havent worked on any other sites but my own lately. Wasn't getting enough business just doing websites, so started doing the vinyl, then the apparel, now dye sublimation, all to expand my products/services.

There are too many online large companies that do websites for basically free....so nobody wants to pay a local guy to build one.

Last year i did a website for a local large event, a RIB FEST event, did there site and updated for only $400.

This year they didn't want to pay me $200 to change it for this years new updates, etc. They found someone to do it for FREE. Of course i kept all my original artwork and stuff. Then got emails from the new guy who kept asking me questions on how to do stuff.....told him i wasn't going to help.

• Like 2

I may pick you brain later I found a shirt design module that I may end up buying but I would be building a site around it more than likely and that is way outside of my scope of knowledge

I may pick you brain later I found a shirt design module that I may end up buying but I would be building a site around it more than likely and that is way outside of my scope of knowledge

Are you looking into OpenCart? and the T-shit module for that?

I tinkered with it, but the big issue i had was since i only do HTV, alot of designs the customer would want, i wouldnt be able to do with HTV.

Wow $999 

hmm not really bad if u want one like that.

the Open Cart version OpenShirts, is basically FREE, u just have to download and install and setup OpenCart, and then download and install and setup the openShirt module. 

Where the get you is all the fancy add-ons for different features and options. The base free edition comes with limited options. Since its all open source, people can edit and build their own modules, then sell them to others to install and use.

The Open Cart site:

https://www.opencart.com/

The OpenShirt module for Open Cart

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=extension/extension/info&extension_id=13924&filter_search=t-shirt

The Open T-Shirt site:

http://opentshirts.com/

I'm not computer literate so modifying existing isn't gonna work for me but as far as price I bet the one for custom ink is 10 times the price to have it built. Just like buying a graphtec price is aonly part of the equation but I would need to figure out the setup to have a running site based around that software.

Just like any software it costs to create, I have been looking at a lot of these from the time My mom owned the business then when I took it over and made it my own. I have not decided which ones I want, however I was thinking they are asking anywhere from 1,000 to 3,000 for a program like this wouldn't it be better to charge less so more could buy it and they would recover monies used? Then I thought like I should and said nope be quicker for them to sell probably 2 programs and be done and the rest of the cash is free money. 

Be nice if some guy came out and created a simple and cheap way of doing the design software and make it available for us in home online sellers.