michaeljon67

From X4 to X6

I bought and have been running Corel X4 for eight years on three computers, I always want to upgrade but never got around to it. I bought the Version X6 from uscutters and want to install it. My question is does it just install as another program so I have X4 and X6 on the computer or does X4 just kind of go away after you install the X6 disc? Thank You in advance just wondering whats going to happen before I put the new disk in.

x4 should be its own folder when installed over the x6 ....The way i have seen it with many programs that i have bought like that is they will make a whole new program folder ,so you will have both as well unless its an update then it will only rewrite over the old one and just change the name , Otherwise u will have 2..

• Like 3

no problem. once you install it , delete the old one if you like the new features in the new one, make sure you have the files you created as well just in case there is a issue when opening them in the new program.. make a backup copy of all your files ... i learned that with scalps pro.. i had to go and open each file separately again in the new program. otherwise it wouldnt run right..

No need to delete the old copy of Corel. You can have multiple versions of Coreldraw on the same computer, just need different installation folders. I mean, unless you don't NEED the older version then go ahead and scrap it. But for me, one cutting program I used to use a lot SignTools 3 only works on versions less than and including X4. I now only use X4 to cut from but I may ditch it if I get my SignGo Pro FD 1.20 to work with my Copam cutter.