KMoya

Computer Not Communicating With Cutter

Hello:

I broke my original computer that had the cutter and SignBlazer all set up on it. I downloaded SignBlazer onto a different Windows 8 Lap top. I connected the cutter to my computer using my printers USB Cable - it now has identified it as USB Printing Support - GoldCut GC721. I don't know how to get it to communicate with my computer. I went into the cutting settings and it says Refine MH721 - LPT1:

What am I doing wrong?

I'm going out on a limb and saying that a lot of the problem posts lately have had to do with windows 8. I'm a mac guy so I am absolutely no help to you but am here for moral support. Signblazer has a pretty decent following on the forum so hopefully one will come along with some real help. 

So .. I just did that now and I still have no idea what to do. I need like step b step instructions. I have been working on this for 3 days

Download the driver...  Then make sure the com port numbers match in your computer device manager and Signblazer.

It went to the bottom like it was downloading and then when I open it it just has Read Me File and a Driver Folder, when I click Driver Folder it has just documents that I can't even read

When I downloaded SignBlazer it didn't ask me anything after the PORT - thats weird. I'm in Device Manager right now ... what now?

I set all the cutter settings to that but would my cutter be Refine MH721? I'm so confused. Ive clicked everything 

I contacted USCutter Tech Support and they told me they can't help with SignBlazer anymore because the owner died and the business shut down and they only use a different software now. He told me it sounded like I just needed to add the cutter, but I've tried.

I don't know how to change anything on my computer to match SignBlazer

I can only provide the written instructions,  I don't have windows 8 or your cutter.    I use Windows XP. 

It went to the bottom like it was downloading and then when I open it it just has Read Me File and a Driver Folder, when I click Driver Folder it has just documents that I can't even read

After you download the driver, you must extract it...it is in a zip folder.  Then install it.

The READ ME says this

Steps to Use this File:

1. Unzip/UnCompress the folder "Driver" to the desktop

2. When windows asks you to select a driver - point the wizard to the driver folder on the computer

3. Continue through the installation and the GoldCut driver should install.

I don't know - it's not working. Nothings downloading. Even after extracting it. Nothings opening to download or use.

It started to install and then said "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information" ... whats that mean?

If I go to Device Manager and click the USB Controllers its in there as USB Printing Support and I update that driver and it says it is already up to date. But if I go to Other Devices and go to the Goldcut to update the driver it brings that error message about the signature information.

From UScutter support.

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/kbpage.php

Installing the USCutter MH MK2 in Windows 8

In Windows 7, if you attempted to install a driver that was not "Microsoft Approved" you would get a warning, but you could still install it. With Windows 8, drivers are forced to have a "signature", otherwise Windows will simply refuse to install them. This is a great way to protect against bad drivers being installed but at the same time it'll stop you from working with certain drivers you might need installed. Here is a successful way to disable this feature of Windows 8 so you can install your driver. NOTE: Alter your operating system settings at your own risk. USCutter does not recommend that you change any aspect of the manufacturer supplied settings and has posted the instructions below for educational purposes only.

Disable Driver Signature Enforcement - Windows 8.0

1. 1.You will need to open the sidebar. Easy way is to press the Windows Key + C and the sidebar will pop up automatically.
  2. Click Settings.
  3. Click Change PC settings.
  4. Click General.
  5. Scroll down, and click Restart now under Advanced startup.
  6. Wait a bit.
  7. Click Troubleshoot.
  8. Click Advanced Options.
  9. Click Windows Startup Settings
  10. Click Restart.
  11. Once you see the option screen press the number 7.
  12. Windows 8 boots like normal.

Disable Driver Signature Enforcement - Windows 8.1

1. Press the windows key + c on your keyboard.
  2. Click Settings when the Charms Bar opens on the right side of your screen.
  3. Click on Change PC Settings.
  4. Then click on Update & Recovery.
  5. Then click Recovery.
  6. Now you will see Advanced Setup appear on the right hand side of your screen, click on Restart Now under Advanced Setup.
  7. You will now see a blue Choose an Option screen, click on Troubleshoot.
  8. Then click Advanced Options.
  9. Click Startup Settings.
  10. You will see Restart to change Windows options such as: Click Restart.
  11. On the Startup Settings screen, press the F7 key.
  12. Your computer will reboot with driver signature enforcement disabled.

You can now install the MH MK2 driver.

This method will be good until you re-boot your computer. It is not permanent:

1. First, access your "Run" program, you can do this by simply pressing "Windows key + R"
  2. In the Run box, copy and paste: "shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00" then press enter
  3. Now your PC will restart and you will see "Choose an Option".
  4. From the list of options, Select "Troubleshoot".
  5. Now select "Advanced Options".
  6. Click on "Windows Start-up Settings"
  7. Click on "Restart".
  8. Now your Computer will restart to Advanced Boot Options
  9. Select option #7- "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement".

That's it. Now you can follow the driver installation instructions and it will work exactly as it is supposed to. Windows may still warn that the driver is not digitally signed, but you can choose to "install anyway".

I will try that - of course, my computer restarted and now has a billion updates it needs to do before i go further .. thanks for the help

I will try that - of course, my computer restarted and now has a billion updates it needs to do before i go further .. thanks for the help

Your welcome

OK - It installed the driver! Should everything work now? Or is there something else?

Still saying "Can't open output device, error initiliazing cutter" ... How do I know what port to choose?