tgbvinyl

Idea for JUST PRINTING for other people

I want to get a vinyl printer so other people who dont have a printer can have be print the vinyl and send it to them. I am not the worlds greatest designer but ever since I worked in a print shop I have dreamed on printing vinyl and cutting vinyl for other people. I was winding if this would be profitable or atlas able to pay for itself!

Thanks 

:) 

jump on in with the other 20+ of us with printers on here - invest the $15-$20K and come on in the pool.  most of us paid our printers off back when we could charge a decent amount for the work

My main reason for doing this is I was in a car accident and I'll be getting a little bit of cash from a settlement eventually so I decided to put the money to work in something I'd like to do!  I am going to talk to a local roland dealer tomorrow to see what options there is for getting the equipment so I can set up a plan! 

I worked in a print shop doing this before, Inkscape wont even open on my computer so I dont know why and I'm frustrated about that! You are the reason I came here for honest advice! I'm going to brush up on my skills with Inkscape, illustrator and other software before I do it.  It might not be for me but I will definitely try, ofcouse I wont buy equipment till I learn as much as I can! 

For customers I already have is the local officemax print center said they'll sub out some work to me if I do it. (my first job ever was there in their print center before I moved on to a different shop)

so your print experience was with a solvent printer and using rip software - or working at officemax printing jpegs people brought in?