Sign in to follow this  
knucklehead

'Performance' shirts

Guy asked me a little while ago about making some 'Performance' shirts. What can ya do with these shirts, HTV, dye-sub, screen print? Never dealt with any before. Says he doesn't think they are Under Armour,  he thinks, they are a poly blend? Are most performance shirts 100% poly?

Most performance shirts are 100% poly or 95% poly 5% lycra/Spandex.....what color does he want ? That will narrow your options a little also....

Colors? No idea? I think he's wanting to bring me the shirts, which I do not do, customer supplied shirts.

I do quite a few performance shirts with HTV. I typically use stretch variant of easy weed. If they happen to be nylon you will have to find something compatible with nylon like Stahls Superfilm. If the colors allow and the polyester content is near 100% they sublimate fine too. 

Not to thread jack or anything but to relate to "performance" shirts. What material is used for the shirts that you cant really feel the graphic on? Or are the shirts made from the beginning with the designs?

The prints are normally sublimation either preproduction like shirts printed all over or post production like the prints you see posted on the forum.

BE WARNED!!!

I've done some of these shirts before and the cheap ones will bleed their color when you heat press them.  I did some for my fiancee's dad's business and they now have a lighter color square the size of my heat press on them.   

• Like 1

I would stick with Vapor myself and just pass the higher price on or its not worth it after you eat a few cheap shirts.  Just my $.02