I've had my SC cutter for almost 2 months now. I've had a few issues, but I'm working on a few yard signs and I keep getting letters that are unevenly placed. I've tried shutting down and restarting the project, resaving and importing the new file, but I still get this uneven lettering. Could someone give me an idea why? I haven't had any problems like this before, it just popped up. One photo is of the whole project, the other is just one of the words I ran off by itself to see how bad it would come out.

post-92300-0-41801000-1433284372_thumb.j

post-92300-0-36328000-1433284391_thumb.j

You should "pre feed" the roll and give it more than enough slack to do the job. This looks like slipping.

If you already have slackened the roll, you might need to have the drop down pinch rollers tightened.

• Like 1

You always should have enough vinyl free and slack to do the order.  You should never be pulling directly from the vinyl roll while cutting.

• Like 2

Ok thanks guys! I'll give that a shot. I know my rollers are a little looser than they probably should be because I was trying to get rid of the "roller marks" but after reading a bit on the forums I guess those are normal? I'll adjust to your suggestions and see how it works. Thanks again!

The roller marks will go away when you apply the design.. Try and put the pinch roller pressure back to normal.

This machine I too have.  It is a monstrous piece of shit, endless problesm, Im in my 3rd now, new MB, new head cartridge, hjust a general piece of shit all around.  It costs me more money this past month in effed up materiial, rotten cuts, chipping, pulling, it is a HUNK OF SHIT!

This machine I too have.  It is a monstrous piece of shit, endless problesm, Im in my 3rd now, new MB, new head cartridge, hjust a general piece of shit all around.  It costs me more money this past month in effed up materiial, rotten cuts, chipping, pulling, it is a HUNK OF SHIT!

It probably a good thing you didn't get the MH then. 

Quite a few people have had decent luck with the SC. You are either the unlucky one and got a lemon or perhaps are suffering from a little lack of understanding the set-up and quirks of the machine. I ran a P-Cut for several years and it took a while to learn the weird things it tended to do but once I learned it's limitations I got by. I think the SC is similar but like I said you could just be unlucky.